Sonic Electronix

ok...my next dumb question.....how do i check that...

using a test tone for the paticular speaker put your player on repeat and then use your voltmeter using ac voltage on the rca output of your headunit inside pin is + outside ring is - play the test tone at listening volume and get a reading from it. you should test it listening volume cause they will usually fluctuate to less voltage at lower volumes. panasonic is good for not listing that and typically they are 2-2.5 on their units...

Edited by roscoe1129

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

What the hell?????its daylight and you are restricted to being quiet on your own property?? Fuck that!

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Sorry bout your troubles bro....Have a beer and relax and give a shot later in the week.....This trouble shootin shit can ware you out!

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

and another thing.............these stupid fucking memphis tweeters....they push into the cup,turn a little bit and "lock"in place.................well the damn rear ones...theres so much flexing in the back dash...that it unscrews the tweeters....they fly out and land in the backs of the 2 top inverted subs......... :mad:

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

thanks chris..

Now my next question...I might as well continue learning here........... :)

This is the cheapo miltimeter i have...(it was given to me) and guess what... :huh: Ive Never even learned how to use it..

pACE-997943dt.jpg

where should the settings be....to set my amp gain voltage..

also where would I set it,,,to check voltage in general...

ha dont feel bad ive been playing for years and just learned how to use one of them there fancy volt finding thingymabobs

i'll bass race you with my tweeters

and another thing.............these stupid fucking memphis tweeters....they push into the cup,turn a little bit and "lock"in place.................well the damn rear ones...theres so much flexing in the back dash...that it unscrews the tweeters....they fly out and land in the backs of the 2 top inverted subs......... :mad:

Throw just a drop of clear silicone on one side of the cup and it will keep them from vibrating loose bro....and you can still remove them if necessary

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

according to that..........my gains should be set @ 54.8 volts....on the 1500s they are all dead on 54.8 but the bass seams really ...well ..not enough......untill the volume is at damn near full tilt... I set the gains with a 50Hz note...

I hear that... I made a post on the roe forum about their calculator which is the same as the one on subwoofertools.

My amp is a SPL Dynamics EXT-3000D.

Amp specs.

1 x 1000W @ 4 ohm @ 13.8V

1 x 2000W @ 2 ohm @ 13.8V

1 x 3000W @ 1 ohm @ 13.8V

1 x 4500W @ 1 ohm @ 16.5V

1 x 9000w @ 2 ohm strapped @ 13.8V

So when I set my gain too 54.8 volts using a 50hz, 55hz, and a 60hz test tone I couldnt get shit for power out of my amp. I used a really expensive Bluepoint dmm that my buddy bought from Snap on. My head unit is a Alpine CDA-9833 with 4 volt preamp outs, I had my fader and balance in the middle, my subwoofer volume at 8 and my volume at 28, with bass, treble, and midrange at 0.

Where I had set my gain on the amp according to my dmm was way too low, it was barly up. It was less barly up passed the 6 volt mark on my amp, and 6 volt is the lowest my amp goes, and goes up 0.2 volts. So common sense would tell me that half way up is around 3 volts, and a little below half way up would be 4 volts. So I pretty much used my ear, and not the dmm because I felt that the calculators where misleading. And I know I dont have a cheap or underrated amp.......

You can kinda make out the readings on the amp but its from my cell phone cuz my digial is broken :(

This is where my dmm told me too put my gain about at 54.8 volts

dmm54.jpg

Here is where I ended up putting my gain.

whereIthoughtitwas4v.jpg