Bass causing headache's?

First off I dont consider my audio setup a big one, especially compared to the systems on here.

even as small as my system is it hits really hard..

recently I switched from a T10001bd to a Sundown SAE1200-d. Then I added 2 agm batteries.

I have been getting headache's lately and I can only attribute them to playing the music loud. Do any of you experience this?

I would have to guesstimate that I am in the 148 range right now. My last comp I did was with the T10001bd on 4 subs and I was hitting 145.7 on the dash with driver door open.

1. Have you ever got a headache from listening to the beat too loud?

2. If yes what is your SPL currently?

I don't know how some of you do it.. damn cant imagine sitting in a vehicle in the mid 150's.

I am just about in the mid 150's I personally don't get head aches, but I do feel sick after doing a bunch of burps while testing.

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

When I sat in your car, your highs were screaming and hurting my ears and I had a slight headache after, maybe adjust that a little bit? or did it just start after you got the new amp for your 2 12's + 2 15's?

Im in the 150db range and dont get headaches. If I sit back in my seats all the way, I notice my back get numb and all tingly, my ears start to hurt a bit from the pressure, but no headaches :)

Maybe you got some really bright/harsh tweets that are causing the headaches for you?

By any chance do you wear glasses, or feel your vision is not what it once was? maybe get your eyes checked. I know I get headaches periodically from not wearing my glasses all the time.

I hardly beleive you gained 2+ db's going from a rf 10001bd to a sae 1200. We all know those little RFs are underated alot and probolly does close to the same power as your new sae1200.

Your batteries may help with your reserve capacity a good bit, but not no 2+db's.

Im in the 150db range and don't get headaches. If I sit back in my seats all the way, I notice my back get numb and all tingly, my ears start to hurt a bit from the pressure, but no headaches :)

Maybe you got some really bright/harsh tweets that are causing the headaches for you?

By any chance do you wear glasses, or feel your vision is not what it once was? maybe get your eyes checked. I know I get headaches periodically from not wearing my glasses all the time.

I hardly believe you gained 2+ db's going from a rf 10001bd to a sae 1200. We all know those little RFs are underrated a lot and probably does close to the same power as your new sae1200.

Your batteries may help with your reserve capacity a good bit, but not no 2+db's.

well I went from a t10001bd on 4 subs to a Sundown 1200d on 2 subs and a p5002 on the other 2 subs. and the difference from the T1001bd to the sundown 1200d was pretty significant to me.

I don't wear glasses but I am getting older and they say when you hit your 40's that your eyesight goes, but for now everything seems fine.

And Crump this will happen even if the song I am listening to has no highs in it.

OK you guy's gust gave my girl the biggest help ever. Shes been telling me the same thing, but i think my sound system is not that loud. But i did turn down my highs. She's a Nurse and anything past 85 dbs hurts your hearing and even at low volume the sound freq can star to damage your hearing. So much for my hearing i tell her, this way when im old i don't have to hear her. LOL.

Wear hear plugs.

Alpine D900 head unit 7" flip out t.v

Kicker 6 1/2 components (front,rear)KS 6502

MB quart 3 1/2" in front A/C vent's (center channel)

DC Audio LVL 5 18" (pair) Custom ported box

Sundown 4500 at .5

Sundown 100.4

XS 3100 up front and a pair of XS 6500 in the rear.

1 17" Eiger Vision T.V

2 7" Eiger Vision T.V in Second row.

Dynomat Top to Bottom (foam in all halo beam's)

DC Eng Alt 260SP and a 400SP dual set up.

big 3

Sitting on 24"

If your neighbor don't complain it's not Loud!

So you best go fix your shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well went for a t10001bd on 4 subs to a Sundown 1200d on 2 subs and a p5002 on the other 2 subs. and the difference from the T1001bd to the sundown 1200d was pretty significant to me.

I don't wear glasses but I am getting older and they say when you hit your 40's that your eyesight goes, but for now everything seems fine.

And Crump this will happen even if the song I am listening to has no highs in it.

hmmm..... then idk bro, im not that loud but my car plays low notes (36-39 hz) @ 140 + and i dont get headachs, but good luck to yuh finding whats up I hope it all works out

Bass can cause headaches from what I have experienced/seen. If your ears/body are not use to it, it can give you a headache. After I lost my license and sold everything I didn't listen to any type of bass for a few months, then I got the new vehicle/system and on my way home from class I had it blaring on the interstate whole way home (roughly 35 minutes) and I had a little bit of a headache when I got home. So yeah I have experienced this before.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

earlier i went to 99vics house after i left i had this huge ass headache got home hopped in to the navi and slammed it full tilt for like 10 min my head wasn't hurting as soon as i turned it off it was pounding again were soooo different lol..i love the bass tho

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Archived