Jump to content

mobile dynamics school


Recommended Posts

Posted
Holy shit that is expensive for just a 2 month course... Idk your currently talent level for installing and fabricating, but I just have a hard time believing that in 2 months you will learn and for 10 grand perfect every aspect of installing + fabrication. If you do choose to go through with it, then good luck to ya. Another suggestion is that before you do attend the school find a shop that is looking for help and tell them that you're be trained + certified to go in 2 months. If you have to take a pay cut to get your foot in the door, then it'll be worth it in the long run.

Hey for $10,000 bro I'll fly you out to south florida first class, put you up in my house, and teach you all these same things they will. Except my teaching will be in more "real" type situations.

you serious man lol bc my girl has a cousin that lives there an she would come with an what all would you be teaching me

kia spectra 4 door

HU-a kenwood kdc-692x

optima red top under the hood ( kinetik battery or powermaster in the back )

Iraggi 260amp H/O alternator

1 set of knu kandy 1/0 guage wiring kit ( 2 more sets coming )

front speakers -

back speakers -

2 12" lv 4's with lvl 5 softparts ( going to be 4 in near future)

Sundown 3500d( going to be 2 sometime )

i have boughten from - Bass14(smd), ddbump(caraudioclassifieds)

Posted
you serious man lol bc my girl has a cousin that lives there an she would come with an what all would you be teaching me

I get you doing real world projects and learning how to properly do everything from basic installing, glass work, alarms + car starters, box building + designing, and whatever else I could think of. Then after all the labor side of things is done, we'll work on passing your MECP test. If you're really serious about doing this then I could prolli work it out with my work.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Posted

Please don't goto mobile dynamics.

In the past year we fired two mobile dynamics kids(and i've worked with about three other ones before) who had "lots of shop experience". God I wish I would have taken pictures of some of the shit they did. Amps laying on the floor with the grounds going to the rear deck and wires running up from under the seat... the typical "i can't find anywhere to go thru the firewall" on every car, remote starts coming back a day later because spanky doesn't know how to ziptie a damn brain up, overheads mounted to HEADLINERS, the ported box tuned to 60hz that was supposed to be 38, ohh the list goes on... They may teach you the fundamentals at mobile dynamics but when it comes down to stuff you will do in the real world... god they don't teach you shit.

Sorry I went off a little there... just being someone who never went to school and works at one of the best shops in central michigan, it just sucks watching these kids go out and waste there money just to come back and think they know everything... Then the fact I have to get pulled away from my work to either show them how to do the easiest of tasks(i would have no problem if it was something hard) or having to fix their warranties because a customer doesn't want them to ever touch their car again.

Find a local shop that will take you on... work part time and learn from someone with experience. If Marlo is serious with his post take that opportunity in a heart beat, you will learn a hell of alot more doing that then going to Mobile Dynamics.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Posted
I get you doing real world projects and learning how to properly do everything from basic installing, glass work, alarms + car starters, box building + designing, and whatever else I could think of. Then after all the labor side of things is done, we'll work on passing your MECP test. If you're really serious about doing this then I could prolli work it out with my work.

how long u think it would take or does it depend on how fast i pick it up

kia spectra 4 door

HU-a kenwood kdc-692x

optima red top under the hood ( kinetik battery or powermaster in the back )

Iraggi 260amp H/O alternator

1 set of knu kandy 1/0 guage wiring kit ( 2 more sets coming )

front speakers -

back speakers -

2 12" lv 4's with lvl 5 softparts ( going to be 4 in near future)

Sundown 3500d( going to be 2 sometime )

i have boughten from - Bass14(smd), ddbump(caraudioclassifieds)

Posted

Being Realistic...

you spend the money on the school, what is the return? do you honestly believe that out in the real world you are going to be paid enough to see the benefit? Personally, I recommend this as a hobby and tell everyone to go out and try another field that actually has standards... or another way of looking at it is, after 20 years with a single company what is your retirement benefits? 20 years... and one company... not likely going to happen.

Then there are those of us who think as installers we can go open up a shop.... you might have the talent to work on the vehicle... but running a business is different... someone who goes to business school :) will have a hard time... and the capital to do it right.... millions....

Also there was this moron named sayar who went to a school in FL, they passed him though... i heard he about failed everything... he comes to my shop and almost blows us the hell up welding through is gas lines!

I suggest this as a hobby... Don't waste your life turning a wrench, building a box,, or replacing a speaker for this industry

what goals is there to achieve in this industry? none

with Best buy you can work your way up the chain...

with banks...same thing

military same thing

car audio... forget it!

I hope everyone understands what I am trying to say... and no I am not saying my life sucks... but I went through a lot of shit to get where I am today!

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Posted
Being Realistic...

you spend the money on the school, what is the return? do you honestly believe that out in the real world you are going to be paid enough to see the benefit? Personally, I recommend this as a hobby and tell everyone to go out and try another field that actually has standards... or another way of looking at it is, after 20 years with a single company what is your retirement benefits? 20 years... and one company... not likely going to happen.

Then there are those of us who think as installers we can go open up a shop.... you might have the talent to work on the vehicle... but running a business is different... someone who goes to business school :) will have a hard time... and the capital to do it right.... millions....

Also there was this moron named sayar who went to a school in FL, they passed him though... i heard he about failed everything... he comes to my shop and almost blows us the hell up welding through is gas lines!

I suggest this as a hobby... Don't waste your life turning a wrench, building a box,, or replacing a speaker for this industry

what goals is there to achieve in this industry? none

with Best buy you can work your way up the chain...

with banks...same thing

military same thing

car audio... forget it!

I hope everyone understands what I am trying to say... and no I am not saying my life sucks... but I went through a lot of shit to get where I am today!

i understand what u sayin but i already planned on going to collage for buisness classes even if i dont go to this school so either way imma start my own buisness of something

kia spectra 4 door

HU-a kenwood kdc-692x

optima red top under the hood ( kinetik battery or powermaster in the back )

Iraggi 260amp H/O alternator

1 set of knu kandy 1/0 guage wiring kit ( 2 more sets coming )

front speakers -

back speakers -

2 12" lv 4's with lvl 5 softparts ( going to be 4 in near future)

Sundown 3500d( going to be 2 sometime )

i have boughten from - Bass14(smd), ddbump(caraudioclassifieds)

Posted

cool, if it is a real college vs the community they will focus you towards the fortune 500, vs the fortunate to have $500 :)

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Posted

James I couldn't agree with you more. I used to work for a shop that I know your aware of in NE Ohio. It was Horizon Audio and I could not have ever seen myself there for 20+ years, nor did Scott want to pay me the $ that I was worth. He low balled me to get me in the door and then I was stuck. To the op don't let that happen to you. If I had it to do over and I may soon, I'd go back to school and get an office job with stability and benefits. None of the shops I've worked at have offered benefits and I can't figure out why other than it costs them too much.

I saw quite a bit of shady business going on when I was installing and kept my mouth shut about it cause I didnt' want to lose my job. If you can go another route do so and you'll thank yourself in the long run. Listen to James and even myself when we tell you it's not all it's cracked up to be. I wish I never would have gotten into the industry cause it almost ruined my love of car audio working on it everyday and the stress that comes along with it.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Posted

i had a guy work for me that went to MD. they teach fundamentals and math. all things you can learn for alot les money. just like all who have said this is a hobby. most companies the installer does not make $$$$ unless he is the best at what he does. -fast and no comebacks and all aspects of custom, where he is so valuable that the company will keep bending over to keep him but that type of work is only about 3-5% of yearly business. so for the rest of the customer base... basic 12v knowledge with the ability to keep learning. and retention {so directions dont have to be repeated} will handle all jobs. also common sesce on looking to see how a car comes apart. knowing how far it will bend before it breaks. patience. That is what employers need. get a study guide get a mecp and work in a shop doing whatever thay ask you to. that is more valuable than a 10K school in this profession

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

Posted

I can give you this advice from my experience of working in a shop. If you really want to do it and have your mind set on it you need to know one thing and know it well. Remote starts and alarms. Especially if you live in a cold climate. Those will be your shop's bread and butter and if your great at them you will do just fine even if you can't cut a straight line with a saw the shop will keep you. If you are a remote start master and can do like Jack said be fast about it and keep come backs to a very minimum you can go very far with a shop.

On another note learning it takes years of climbing around in vehicles to know how each one is done. Having a very good memory is key for remote starts cause it takes time to look at Direct techs to see a wiring guide, so having it memorized is going to save you time and get you more money.

My best advice instead of wasting your time at a school that won't teach you shit about installing a remote start hands on unless you want to buy one and put it on your car. They don't offer demo cars to work on, you have to provide the car and equiptment and they'll let you work on it there and help you with it. I would suggest volunteering time at a shop to learn instead of spending a ton of money going somewhere that is just going to teach you basics. At a shop you will face real world situations and learn how to handle them in the environment you are going to be working in.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8263 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...