Second Skin Audio

Reconing my AQ 15

Wasn't sure where this would go so I put it here. So I just received the recone kit for my AQ HD3 from DJ over at AQ. Started by cutting out the old cone and scraping as much junk off as I could with a razor blade. It sucked. This weekend thorshammer is going to help me with the rest of the reconing. BTW, Anyone know how to get some stuck coil wire out from way at the bottom of the shim area gap(?). Anyway, here some pics. Sorry for quality, used my cell phone.

Before:

1203091959.jpg

Old cone etc. stuff

1203092015.jpg

1203092015a.jpg

1203092132.jpg

Old & new cone

1203092153.jpg

1203092153a.jpg

Wire down there :censored:

1203092214.jpg

Scrape..

1203092244.jpg

1204090054.jpg

1204090054a.jpg

1204090054b.jpg

Edited by k3n12ock

I would try and use a hook shaped pick tool to attempt to latch on to the wire and pull it out. I'm sure that Rob will be able to help you when he does the recone. That man has reconed more woofers than AQ themselves :) That dude blows shit up like it's his job and I'm sure that has happend to him at some time or another.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Please, Please PLEASE tell me you covered the gap while you scraped all the old shit off the basket.....

If not, damn, I hope you have an air compressor, or look forward to reconing again after 5 minutes of playing it when the coil seizes in the gap..........

EDIT: You still have to get the old spider off the spider landing too. And this time, please cover the gap ;/

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Please, Please PLEASE tell me you covered the gap while you scraped all the old shit off the basket.....

If not, damn, I hope you have an air compressor, or look forward to reconing again after 5 minutes of playing it when the coil seizes in the gap..........

EDIT: You still have to get the old spider off the spider landing too. And this time, please cover the gap ;/

There's still wire deep in the gap. My bro has an air compressor. and by gap you mean where exactly? :)

Thats the first thing I thought...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

use a Popsicle stick

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

so y is it that so many people have to recone there aq's i thought they could handle alot of abuse?

yea if used properly... it all depends on the setup too man not just the quailty of the sub... I could blow a BTL or TSNS easily but they are great woofers

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon