Second Skin Audio

So why Fi over Kicker??

MOUZEBINN

06CVX10.jpg

13656276362_ORIG.jpg

13656276365_ORIG.jpg

NEED I SAY MORE?

yup...the ssd can be reconed :D

i personally had a setup with l7 15" and 2 Fi SSD 10".

sound quality wise with a daily tuned box for both setups, FI SSD wins hands down, i didn't like the sound of the L7 on the upper range of frequencies.

on Loudness, its really hard to say which one of the two since i have different amps and different boxes.

but i did a 150.3 db with my SSD 10's and 3k watts. and i didn't have a chance to meter my L7 setup.

i would say get the SSD.

along with all of the above mentions SSD'S CAN BE RECONED! buy a kicker and blow it and its a $300 paperweight. Plus its always fun to be louder with less with a lesser known company, instead of advertising you have kicker like flaming homosexual advertises hes, well gay ---nothin against gays btw, it just fit the comparison lol---

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

Dunno why everybody is on the kicker TrAShIn BAndWAgOn but if your going to compare an Fi (product thats nowere to be found or

heard in the public's eye) which im not saying nothings bad about how the subs made. Im sure it has better power rate

handlings. Even though personally i never seen those subs at first hand but im sure their good subs since all you guys

seem to hype em up.. Theirs only one sub i see out there thats built as Kicker's strong hold and its hands down the

kicker L7 15. Besides it not being their top made sub (Solo X18).

The L7's have all been different throughout the years. Every 2 years the models were different. I cant really say

nothing about the 08 n 09 models but i had the 06 models and the 03's and both had their deep separate ways of bass.

Once again depending on the box design and etc i would love to see 6 fi 15's against 6 L7's 15 in a ported or sealed

slamming box and then you can say whos the champ.

PS Just dont doubt kickers square cone area cause it'l come back and haunt ya ass..Let the flames beginn.. :diablo:

2003 Mercury Marauder Black (R.I.P)

Tinted Windows

Purple HID's 10000K

Fog Light HID's 10000K

Swi Jack Steering Wheel Controls

Apple I-Pod Classic 80GB

Alpine KCE-422i Full Speed I-Pod Cable

Alpine IVA-W203/P1 Navigation/Bluetooth

Alpine PKG-M780 7' Headrest Screens

Alpine PXA-H701 Sound Processor

Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp

Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Power Amp

2 Kicker L7 15' Solo Barics

Alpine Type R SPR-17S Component's

Alpine Type R SPR-57C Coaxial's

Monster Performance RCA's

0/2 Gauge Wires

BIG III W/Fuse

200 Amps Custom Built Alternator

Yellow Cap Optima Battery Front

Xstatic Batcap 800 Back

Custom Mounted Bass Knob

LED's 2x License & Trunk Light

BoYo VTK-350 Color Backup Camera

Dynamat Xtreme Front Doors & Rear Deck

Clifford Matrix 50.7X Alarm System/Remote Start

Dunno why everybody is on the kicker TrAShIn BAndWAgOn but if your going to compare an Fi (product thats nowere to be found or

heard in the public's eye) which im not saying nothings bad about how the subs made. Im sure it has better power rate

handlings. Even though personally i never seen those subs at first hand but im sure their good subs since all you guys

seem to hype em up.. Theirs only one sub i see out there thats built as Kicker's strong hold and its hands down the

The L7's have all been different throughout the years. Every 2 years the models were different. I cant really say

nothing about the 08 n 09 models but i had the 06 models and the 03's and both had their deep separate ways of bass.

Once again depending on the box design and etc i would love to see 6 fi 15's against 6 L7's 15 in a ported or sealed

PS Just dont doubt kickers square cone area cause it'l come back and haunt ya ass..Let the flames beginn.. :diablo:

who cares which is louder. its going to at least be close, but the L7 sounds like shit.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Here is my benefits for the SSD:

- Easy to recone

- Better built quailty (the L5/7 are known for beening glued on cheaply and cheap Voice coils)

- Better costumer support

- Better Power handling

- doesn't need a huge fawking box

- Cheaper

- Sounds better

Anymore?

I had 2 12s SSDs and they sounded way better than my L5s and somwhat louder due to it not needing a huge box. Go with Fi, Kicker just has the brand that's it. Period.

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

L5s are the best subs ever made yo.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

L7's can sound good enough, but they need huge boxes.

I never heared L7 in GOOD ported boxes.

They start sounding good with (minimum) 3-4 cu feet net in SEALED boxes.

They get really loud, and hit the lows easily.

I bought all my 15" L7's on ebay stores, 2 subs in 2006 and 2 in 2008(new 08 models). They costs only about $400 for 2 subs!!!

Now, I don't want nothing but *** subs (Sound Solutions Audio) trash, or junk : they get really loud and play soooooo well. I love them !!!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Truthfully this is some of the poorest grammar and spelling I've ever seen used by anyone over the 2nd grade level.... I only bolded the parts that were gramatically incorrect or spelled incorrectly. Also bolded the parts that made absolutely no sense, but didn't want to just highlight the entire post.

Besides that I love how you care accurately predict the outcome of comparing woofers that you've never ever seen in person... Let alone actually owned, tested, or heard besides on some Youtube videos. Just because you've never seen an FI product in person doesn't mean that it's nowhere to be found in the public eye. Try attending a real competition and I'm sure you'll either run into one or there will be folks there that know plenty about FI.

You clearly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. So to prevent you from looking like an idiot with another post like this, I'd suggest actually doing a little research, knowing the products you're attempting to compare, and use spelling/grammar check on MS Word.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Archived