Second Skin Audio

So why Fi over Kicker??

MOUZEBINN

God damn. Buy the Kicker already. If you weren't a complete tool you wouldn't even be thinking about the Kicker any more, how many people have said go for the Fi in this thread? The only guy even half-heartedly sticking up for Kicker is the guy running EVERYTHING Kicker.

And the last thing Fi needs is another newbie bandwagon idiot running their subs and making their brand look dumb. So buy the Kicker :)

P.S. 130dB is easy. So easy. I could do a 130 with 1 8" sub running off a headunit.

Amen to all of the above.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

If you're broke, save some more money and get a FI BL and a custom box.

But if you really want the Kicker, just do it.

What can we tell you more ? Nothing !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

kickers i've used werent THAT bad, i put a comp10 quarter wave in my grandpas truck, sounds pretty loud for such a cheap sub, and is it just me, but does anyone else think fi should make a small 8" sub??

o yeah, and fi wins hands down. /thread

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Better built? I dunno about that... been running Fi for years. I have had a 18 inch 12 spoke break before... Had a motor shift before (just last week from hitting a pot hole lol).

Costumer Support is about the same in my experiences tbh.

Sound Quality is all install....

Every company has good things and bad things, get what you want and deal with them.

their better built IMO. I went through 3 L5 because the coils messed up for some reason. Also twice Ive had the glue on the cone come lose and sound like farting in my trunk for five miles before I figured out what happen. They don't sale recones to costumers, and to get it reconed by them wouldve cost me more than I paid for the sub.

Also dealing with their support was about a week wait to get a reply, regarding getting a recone. But then again this is my experience.

The Solo X, L7/5 are purely SPL Subs IMO and sound loud but doesn't have any quailty in the process. But to some degree it does depend on the install, but compared to a SSD the Fi has a better sound. Getting loud who knows, that's another argument. However for vaule, costumer support, and the ease of recone availibilty the SSD is a better sub.

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

I am tempted to pay the Mods 50$ to have this thread deleted....

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Whos forum are we on right now? What brand has he be runnin for a couple YEARS? Im sure meade has heard and experimented with most of the subs out there. Theres a reason he has stuck with FI when he could afford any sub out there he wanted. He didnt just pick FI over kicker but PLENTY of other brands. I know hes switchin to AA now (closely linked to FI) but there has to be a good reason hes stuck wit FI and its pretty obvious :hairtrick:

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

I am tempted to pay the Mods 50$ to have this thread deleted....

Why would u do that, there isn't anyone bashing T3 woofers here lol.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Archived