sully Posted December 11, 2009 Report Posted December 11, 2009 I worked at a Car Audio shop in DFW (name left out intentionally) for about 4 years. I was deployed in 2005 and haven't been up there since until recently. A couple of the guys I worked with are still there and I was hanging out getting caught up on all the things I missed over the past few years. They have hired a young kid (20ish) as the lead installer, he is the bay manager and supposed to be the most talented installer at the shop. One of the best installers I have ever worked with is still employed there and he is a little hard to get along with at times but can do amazing work. We went to lunch to talk and he tells me about the new shop manager and how he is clueless. According to my friend he has already burned up 3 BCM's trying to do alarms and can't build a box to save his life. The last box he built was for 2 10's and it sounded horrible and fell apart withing a couple of days. So this kid took in a job that my buddy quoted a while back for 2 kicker solo x's on two 10k watt amps for a suburban. Since he stole the job from my buddy he is not willing to help and the kid is starting to stress out cause he is in way over his head. He thinks he is going to get 20 cuft under the window line in the back of the burban and asked me how to design a port. So I started with the basics, I told him I would do somewhere around 300 in2 of port if the box is going to be 20 cuft and that he needs to double baffle the side with the woofers and brace the hell out of the inside. He looked at me like I was speaking greek, he had never heard of doing 45's inside a box and has never braced a box to reduce flex. I kinda feel sorry for him cause he is going to work really hard on this and it is gong to sound like crap. I haven't decided if I am going to stop by in the morning to see if he has figured it out yet but I may be the nice guy and bring him a design with cut sheets so he doesn't screw it up. What do you guys think? Should I give him a hand even though he stabbed my buddy in the back by stealing the deal from him. The only reason to do it is so the good name I spent years trying to get for the shop doesn't get destroyed by one idiot. 2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's 2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine. 2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's 2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint
Westfelbernard32 Posted December 11, 2009 Report Posted December 11, 2009 help him only if he splits the profits from the build between u and your buddy and he doesnt get any because he was stupid and took on a job he couldn't handle himself so to save his ass and his job, help him out but charge him for it (\__/) (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination Team Bad Company
andym85 Posted December 11, 2009 Report Posted December 11, 2009 i say do it...we all need a bone thrown to us now and then.... do it for the vehicle's owner if nothing else.. i likes me some audio stuff...
Guest Posted December 11, 2009 Report Posted December 11, 2009 LMFAO you had me rolling at the part about speaking greek. i would honestly tell the boss about how he doesnt know what in the hell a port even is or how it functions...or how he has never braced a box. coming from someone who has worked there i think they would trust your word.
sully Posted December 11, 2009 Author Report Posted December 11, 2009 help him only if he splits the profits from the build between u and your buddy and he doesnt get any because he was stupid and took on a job he couldn't handle himself so to save his ass and his job, help him out but charge him for it I told him $250 cash and I would swing by and build it for him but he laughed and thought I was kidding. I could have him split the labor with by buddy that still works there so he gets paid but they don't get along so I don't know how that would work out. I can print out a cut sheet and see how he pulls it off, I don't think he could do it without it. I've got till tomorrow to decide so I might get more charitable as the beers go by. 2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's 2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine. 2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's 2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint
bassprodigy Posted December 11, 2009 Report Posted December 11, 2009 man thats crazy... how could someone who really messes up that much have a job?? as i young installer myself, i had to step up quick, but i know when too much is too much.... haha thats why i stick to wiring instead of building..... honestly, id help him out for the shop, not him.... 2003 Toyota Sequoia Pioneer 4100dvd Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors Memphis PR 15s (4) Memphis PR 1.1000 (2) Memphis PR 4.50 (1) Optima Yellowtop (2) Viper 5901 8000k H.I.D. kit 15% tint (2layers)
Namosh Posted December 11, 2009 Report Posted December 11, 2009 i say do it...we all need a bone thrown to us now and then....do it for the vehicle's owner if nothing else.. I agree. My Ram Quad Cab Blow-through
JBurt09 Posted December 11, 2009 Report Posted December 11, 2009 i say do it...we all need a bone thrown to us now and then....do it for the vehicle's owner if nothing else.. ^^^^I agree here.And I mean two Solo X's.......who wouldn't want to hear what those things could sound like in a properly tuned box on the right amount of power Honestly if it were me I think I would leave it to the point where he thinks all hope is lost and everything is just going to fail and then come to the rescue when he is begging for help and that way he will be more willing to "negotiate" about money.
Red-navi-916 Posted December 11, 2009 Report Posted December 11, 2009 I agree. x3 BUILDLOG http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862 "98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!! Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.
Torres Posted December 11, 2009 Report Posted December 11, 2009 I say fuck the kid... teach him a lesson, or he's gonna think its ok to fuck people over and get bailed out... just my 2c i agree with this. he'll do it again and either get bailed out again, or fuck somethin up. which will happen eventually so he should stop fuckin people over asap
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.