KnuKonceptz

so for 3k watts would you say 2 run of power and ground would be enough with the klmx?

I mean, the KK would be sweet but then again you can get 2 ft of klmx to 1 ft of kk.

Works fine for me so far.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

http://www.caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures...wire/index.html

"Conclusion

At this point you might be thinking that CCA wire is bad and shouldn't be used, but that's not the case. We've done extensive testing on CCA wire for several manufacturers and our results show that it can work very well for all but the highest current applications. Because of the additional resistance you simply can't substitute the same gauge CCA wire for the traditional gauge copper wire. Our strong recommendation would be to simply use one gauge larger size of the CCA cable than the copper cable.

That being said, if you compensate for the increased resistance in the CCA cable by going to the next larger gauge size, you'll probably end up with equal or maybe even less resistance than the smaller gauge pure copper. But along with an increase in cable size comes an increase in price. This could mean little difference in bottom line prices between comparable copper and a +1-gauge in CCA, so be aware of whatyou're buying.

WIRE SPEC POWER DEVELOPED @ CLIPPING

FULL SPEC - 4-GAUGE PURE COPPER 1,783 watts

BELOW SPEC - 4-GAUGE PURE COPPER 1,705 watts

FULL SPEC - 4-GAUGE CCA WIRE 1,631 watts"

So, for my application, 0 gauge cca seems more than sufficient, at least, thats according to car audio mag

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

http://www.caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures...wire/index.html

"Conclusion

At this point you might be thinking that CCA wire is bad and shouldn't be used, but that's not the case. We've done extensive testing on CCA wire for several manufacturers and our results show that it can work very well for all but the highest current applications. Because of the additional resistance you simply can't substitute the same gauge CCA wire for the traditional gauge copper wire. Our strong recommendation would be to simply use one gauge larger size of the CCA cable than the copper cable.

That being said, if you compensate for the increased resistance in the CCA cable by going to the next larger gauge size, you'll probably end up with equal or maybe even less resistance than the smaller gauge pure copper. But along with an increase in cable size comes an increase in price. This could mean little difference in bottom line prices between comparable copper and a +1-gauge in CCA, so be aware of whatyou're buying.

WIRE SPEC POWER DEVELOPED @ CLIPPING

FULL SPEC - 4-GAUGE PURE COPPER 1,783 watts

BELOW SPEC - 4-GAUGE PURE COPPER 1,705 watts

FULL SPEC - 4-GAUGE CCA WIRE 1,631 watts"

So, for my application, 0 gauge cca seems more than sufficient, at least, thats according to car audio mag

tell me how many peopel here will tell you to put 1700 watts through 4 gauge period....that mags not the defacto answer

Right now you can get 50 foot spools of kicker 1/0 for $119 shipped. that works out to be 2.38 a foot shipped

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

lol i dont even have to talk shit... stephen did it for me

lets assume that the case was directly equivalent. 4g cca 8g copper 1/0 cca 2g copper ect then why would you go with the larger wire at all. If 2g is all you need then run 2g bc its easier to run, priced about the same as the cca ect. BUT if you can get kicker 1/0 for 119. game over

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

sold me, since cca is only 65% conductive and has a higher resistance then solid copper seems the way to go, no kk for me, prb get some kicker or stinger spools on ebay

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

i was thinking of using the kk klm1/0 wire for my 4ch. run the 1/0 to a dblock then run 4guage to the amp. i think it should be good.

1999 Altima 5spd

HU: Alpine CDA-9887

Frnts: CDT audio 6.5 Components

Rears: Alpine Type R 6.5 Components

Speaker Amp: DAT HR4125

Subs: 2 AQ HDC3 15's coming soon

Sub Amps:(2)US MD2D

Wiring: Stinger

8_RedDevillogo.pngalpine_logo.jpg

Right now you can get 50 foot spools of kicker 1/0 for $119 shipped. that works out to be 2.38 a foot shipped

Go On.......

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

if your gonna be running a 3000+ watt setup then you shouldn't be buying cheap wire anyway. But for the rest of us the KLMX 1/0 will be more than enough.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

Archived