156.1 dB -- One Sub / No-Wall / 12v

sundownz

Would be tough for me to do a build log for this box as it was build over 3 years ago :)

(It's a secret anyway *laughs* Not really... it's actually pretty simple)

Wasn't the box origionally for your brother's 2 10's and you put a new baffle on it for a single 15? I would like to see what it would do if you put a baffle for a pair of 12's instead. You would probably have to mount them diagonally, but it could possibly be louder than the 15. It's probably not worth cutting the top off the box anyway because a new baffle might hurt the score even if it were almost identical to the one you have now.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Wasn't the box origionally for your brother's 2 10's and you put a new baffle on it for a single 15? I would like to see what it would do if you put a baffle for a pair of 12's instead. You would probably have to mount them diagonally, but it could possibly be louder than the 15. It's probably not worth cutting the top off the box anyway because a new baffle might hurt the score even if it were almost identical to the one you have now.

Yah, we built it ~3 years ago for two DD 9510s before I made woofers. Pulled off the baffle and made it for a single 15" woofer :)

I do plan to eventually make a single 18" version... trying to creep up on the 160 mark if my Jeep doesn't explode.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

• 4 years later...

Archived