Woohoo! New 37" HDTV Panasonic Viera

lmao ive sold so many tv's more then you will not tryin to talk shit but have you ever used a monster hdmi compared to a cheap off brand one? its a big difference

Well I guess being a TV salesman makes you know everything about HDMI cables. :blink:

Just because your manager at Best Buy tells you that Monster is better doesn't mean it's true. Stores don't make that much money on the sale of TVs. Prices are so competitive that the markup is not that high. Where they make their money is in accessories like speaker wire and cables. So they push their WAY overpriced HDMI cables on the common guy who doesn't know any better. I bet you think that Monster speaker wire is worth paying 3x as much as another good quality, cheaper wire.

Why would I use a Monster cable when all my cables work 100% fine. I get 1080p perfectly fine with no blocking or dropouts. I can bitstream TrueHD and Master Audio or send 7.1 Linear PCM over my cables. What exactly about the $100 more expensive Monster would be worth it?

Now, I'm talking about cables that 95% of people will use (in the 6-10 foot range). If you need a 30 or 40 foot HDMI cable, then it would probably be wise to buy the better cables. But even at that point, I wouldn't buy Monster. I'd look at something like Blue Jeans Cable. VERY high quality cables with prices that are FAR better than Monster.

Seriously, go on a home theater forum (AVSforum for example) and see how many people will agree with you that Monster cables are worth the money. Good luck. And most of those guys live and breathe home theater.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

lmao ive sold so many tv's more then you will not tryin to talk shit but have you ever used a monster hdmi compared to a cheap off brand one? its a big difference

arent you in high school? how many Tvs could you have possibly sold?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

nice TV ya got there

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

I used 40€(=55$) HDMI cable for my tv and it looked worse then component.

I first bought 20 dollar HDMI kables and you clearly saw a huge difference in quality when you used component in versus HMDI.(HDMI looked worse)

The 40€(=55 dollar) HDMI looked better then the 20 dollar cable, but the component still looked better.(small difference)

SO i would buy the better HDMI cables or components.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

nice tv bro! im trying to upgrade my self!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Well I guess being a TV salesman makes you know everything about HDMI cables. :blink:

Just because your manager at Best Buy tells you that Monster is better doesn't mean it's true. Stores don't make that much money on the sale of TVs. Prices are so competitive that the markup is not that high. Where they make their money is in accessories like speaker wire and cables. So they push their WAY overpriced HDMI cables on the common guy who doesn't know any better. I bet you think that Monster speaker wire is worth paying 3x as much as another good quality, cheaper wire.

Why would I use a Monster cable when all my cables work 100% fine. I get 1080p perfectly fine with no blocking or dropouts. I can bitstream TrueHD and Master Audio or send 7.1 Linear PCM over my cables. What exactly about the $100 more expensive Monster would be worth it?

Now, I'm talking about cables that 95% of people will use (in the 6-10 foot range). If you need a 30 or 40 foot HDMI cable, then it would probably be wise to buy the better cables. But even at that point, I wouldn't buy Monster. I'd look at something like Blue Jeans Cable. VERY high quality cables with prices that are FAR better than Monster.

Seriously, go on a home theater forum (AVSforum for example) and see how many people will agree with you that Monster cables are worth the money. Good luck. And most of those guys live and breathe home theater.

Yea a quick Google search shows you that Monster doesn't have the best-of-opinions....

nice TV ya got there
nice tv bro! im trying to upgrade my self!

Thanks, I recommend this one for sure. Although it only goes to 720P I'm alright with it since it's not no ~50" monster. Although it looks humongous in a bedroom. ;) I swear everytime I see it sitting there, I literally say" Oh My God,...just beautiful :wub: " haha

I used 40€(=55$) HDMI cable for my tv and it looked worse then component.

I first bought 20 dollar HDMI kables and you clearly saw a huge difference in quality when you used component in versus HMDI.(HDMI looked worse)

The 40€(=55 dollar) HDMI looked better then the 20 dollar cable, but the component still looked better.(small difference)

SO i would buy the better HDMI cables or components.

Well I'm not to sure, but everyone(Alot of people of Home Theater Forums) seems to recommend monoprice, so I didn't really need 20ft. of 22AWG so I got 6 ft. of 24 AWG which had the exact same specs as the ones from Monoprice, so I think it'll do good. I'll try to post pics of comparison between composite and HDMI 720P.

Edited by iTech

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!