Okay for the longest I didn't have my big 3 done correctly. Ihad the negative on the battery running straight to the engine block and all was good. After learning that I had it all wrong (about two months ago) I corrected it batt neg to chassis engine block to chassis. Now my voltage blows! I still see very little drop when playing but my voltage normally sits around 13.3-13.5 while driving. The birthsheet that came along with the alt says it is regulated to 14.7 and I never ever see that anymore.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Okay for the longest I didn't have my big 3 done correctly. Ihad the negative on the battery running straight to the engine block and all was good. After learning that I had it all wrong (about two months ago) I corrected it batt neg to chassis engine block to chassis. Now my voltage blows! I still see very little drop when playing but my voltage normally sits around 13.3-13.5 while driving. The birthsheet that came along with the alt says it is regulated to 14.7 and I never ever see that anymore.

How many batterys are you running? Could be some of your voltage is going to charge multiple battery's better now.

Edited by JesseJamesDallas

thats how your supposed to do it i thought.

alt to batt

batt ground to engine block

batt ground to frame

Edited by Kranny

Either thats a run on sentance.

Or he went from battery negative to engine block then to the vehicle chassis.

When he should of done battery negative to engine block/alternator mounting stud, then negative battery terminal to vehicle chassis.

Edit:

You had it right the first time, you where just missing the negative from battery to vehicle chassis.

And not do what you did from negative battery to engine block to chassis.

And you could take it all a step farther and run a Positive power wire from your battery positive to your main fuse box under the hood (it dont have to be 1/0 wire, but running something bigger then factory like a 2 or 4 gauge will help your vehicles electronics dim less).

More less what you did is "daisy chained" your grounds by adding the ground from your engine block to your chassis. This most likely added a lot more resistance and that resistance in proper grounding made your voltage suffer a bit.

Edited by Audiofanaticz

Oh I must have misread the big 3 tutorial. I looked at it and thought mine was wrong.

Thanks alot everybody. I'll get it corrected and give you guys an update tommorrow

Edited by Basshead08

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

its almost 2010 who reads tutorial anymore its all about pitchures

big3.jpg

1. Battery positive (+) to alternator - From the positive terminal on your battery to the alternator positive (+) post

2. Engine block to chassis ground - From engine block to chasis. This is to strengthen the ground.

3.Battery ground (-) to chassis ground - From the negative terminal on your battery to your car's chassis.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

How is your amp grounded? to the chassis or to a battery in the back? if its to a battery, how is that battery grounded?

If your amp is grounded to the chassis, or you amp is grounded to an extra battery in the back (and that battery is grounded to the chassis in the rear) then you should ground the engine to chassis and batt to chassis.

For mine though, I have 2 runs of 0 gauge ground to my back batts and ground my amps to those batts.

so for my big three i have

alt to pos batt

Engine (actually alt mount) ground to battery (for my amps)

Battery to chassis (for stock electrical stuff)

Edited by fritosaregood

My amp is grounded to my rear battery. The rear battery is grounded to the negative on the front battery, which is grounded to chassis.