1/0 comparison pictures

Nice comparison. I have some old Stinger 1/0 that I bought when I first got my truck in 1994 and I just bought some of the Sound Quest wire. I put them next to each other and noticed the old Stinger wire was bigger than the Sound Quest wire, so that got me to wondering how other company's wire stacked up. You helped answer that question for me. Thanks!

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

the shok wire is cca which is copper clad aluminum well whats in your link the first one it shows which is like klmx cable from knukoncepts thats why its only rated to 260 amps... anyways woohoo lol

i forgot to take an extra picture of the fosgate wire for you guys. its actually two different types of wire in one casing.

it has a nice copper core, with a tinned copper wrapped around it. i'll see if i can "unwrap" the wire a bit and snap a picture!

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

the shok wire has a sick price .... but its rated at 260 amps while knu fleks is 300 i think... which would you suggest?

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

good post joobs

very informative

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

the shok wire has a sick price .... but its rated at 260 amps while knu fleks is 300 i think... which would you suggest?

do you see yourself using more than 260amps of current? all of my fuses are 250amp currently, so i prefer the 300amp wires.

good post joobs

very informative

thankyou

heres a before and after of me "peeling" this wire. it was a core, and then the core is also wrapped?? seems to all be tinned copper, so ill edit my last post about this.

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

the middle one is fosgate wire, which i assumed to be their hyperflex. let me double check and see if the wire says anything on it...

**edit**

the fosgate wire says exactly this on it "fosgate 1/0 awg high performance 4704 strand OFC power/ground wire"

yeah the kicker is the same strand count, good bet they are made in the same place lol.

29yr3gg.jpg

Custom Car Audio

(815) 916 - 9194

www.midwestsplcustoms.com

2000 Tahoe | 22" GREED Celebrities

Alpine CDA-117

Dual 0/1 Runs

(3) 925 CA Group 31 In Back

(4) 18" FI Audio Q's (W/ Extra Spider)

(4) Hifonics BXi 2010D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

4 RF P1653 6 1/2's

Big 3

All Kicker/Knu Wiring

There is so many threads about 'Which 1/0 is the best?'

Searching is very, very helpful. :)

Knu Fleks has more strands than Kicker Hyper-Flex does, It's more flexible. (If you really need to do a 180 degree bend)

I'd still choose Kicker over Knu cause I love Kicker... But that's just me.

KnuFleks,Kicker Hyper-Flex,RF... In that order IMO Unless you go with the pricey wires. Can't recall there names right now though.

Derp.

How does this Stinger rate @ 3.75 foot

http://www.darvex.com/SPW10TR/Stinger+0+Ga...Power+Wire.html

When compared to the knukonceptz flex wire and the other stuff???

I was considering ordering some for a new system... Not really sold on any one brand; as long as I know its good stuff...

The only reason I was going to go with Stinger vs knu or something else is that I've used it before and I was going to order several other things from Darvex and wanted to get it all in one shot if possible...

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

Archived