Well my christmas went to shit

Ok, im gone start this off so everyone understands whats going on here. I got engaged the a month ago and me and my fiance fliped a coin in front of my mom deciding which family we was going to go to first for christmas. turns out it was her family first so my mom was like ow ok cool. We told her that we will be at the house around 3 to open presents and such.

well today on christmas i wake up, get a bath and tell everyone good morning and merry christmas. all was going well until my dad was like where are you going. I told him that im going to kaylas first this christmas and that we will be back at 3pm to open presents here and visit with them. He gave me a hard time telling me that i should open the presents now with them. yet i needed to be at my fiences house at 9am. so i told him look dad ill be back at 3pm and yall already knew about this.

so when we come over at 3pm nobody was talking to us and made us feel very unwelcome. we opened our presents and that was about it. my dad wouldnt talk to me along with my sister and mom. and whats funny is my mom was the fist i have told. they still act like im 12 years old sometimes and i think my dad is having a hard time letting me go as a grown up. i still live in the house at this time but am trying to move out soon.

all in all it was just a crappy day, nobody would talk to us and made my fience feel like shit also, and when they do that it really pisses me off because she did nothing wrong.

has anyone had this same problem and if so what did you dod about it? how did you handle i? anybody got any advice for me on this

thanks

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

Honestly I just realized that I could never please everyone at once. It's like if you like anal, and your fiance doesn't. One of you is going to end up unhappy.

That's the way family is man, I spent Christmas with my wife and daughter till noon, went to my moms 12-4:30, and In-laws from 4:30- 7:30. My sister-in-law wanted everyone to come to her house at 11 am, and quite honestly I didn't want to have to get my ass up on Christmas morning- rush my family, then drive an hour to go open presents in a house full of people.

My sister-in-law probably feels like we should have made the effort, but I enjoyed MYSELF, and it was much more relaxed this way. My dad used to complain all the time that I should be spending more time with him, or putting him first, but all you can do is your best and if others don't like it they can piss off. Best advice I can give, just don't let it bother you - or your girl.

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Honestly I just realized that I could never please everyone at once. It's like if you like anal, and your fiance doesn't. One of you is going to end up unhappy.

That's the way family is man, I spent Christmas with my wife and daughter till noon, went to my moms 12-4:30, and In-laws from 4:30- 7:30. My sister-in-law wanted everyone to come to her house at 11 am, and quite honestly I didn't want to have to get my ass up on Christmas morning- rush my family, then drive an hour to go open presents in a house full of people.

My sister-in-law probably feels like we should have made the effort, but I enjoyed MYSELF, and it was much more relaxed this way. My dad used to complain all the time that I should be spending more time with him, or putting him first, but all you can do is your best and if others don't like it they can piss off. Best advice I can give, just don't let it bother you - or your girl.

well i got about 60% of a bottle of wine down. anymore advice.

good advice though man thanks

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

Welcome to the world of getting married. There are always going to be problems like this. After being married for ten years, we just laugh at them anymore. We live in DC, my fams in STL and hers is in Denver area...one gets pissed every year that we dont come to their house instead. Now we just tell them we aren't going any where for the Holidays. Have done that for a few years now. Both sides were mad at first, but realize that its best to have us every other year than not at all. :D

Saves us money. :) Just make sure next year you do your parents house first. Once they see you're making it fair, the may come around, if not, then do what you have to do. Just remember, you're about to start your own life...worry about that first.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

that sucks man, but that is what happens when you get shacked up with someone, the parents fight for the main "event" whether it be thanksgiving, Christmas, or 4th of July, everyone wants to host

we ended up hosting here for the girls, and there boyfriends. both days. I don't know where the boyfriends parents were, but we had them about 6hrs yesterday, and about 4hrs today, at least

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.