UGH.... need help

99xtremedime

Ok, got my Fosgate Power 4x6's and 6.5" componet set today but the 4x6's dont fit at all. The holes dont line up and they are too deep, has anyone else tried the new power 4x6's in a s10 dash? Need ideas on ways to make 'em fit.

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

Ok, got my Fosgate Power 4x6's and 6.5" componet set today but the 4x6's dont fit at all. The holes dont line up and they are too deep, has anyone else tried the new power 4x6's in a s10 dash? Need ideas on ways to make 'em fit.

You could always just look for some scrap pieces of 3/4"-1" ply of some sort and cut out a baffle for the speaker, raising it up some allowing enough room to mount properly. If that works, just wrap/paint it and be done..... No ideas on what speakers fit, I usually find the speakers I like and make them work... hehehe

You could always just look for some scrap pieces of 3/4"-1" ply of some sort and cut out a baffle for the speaker, raising it up some allowing enough room to mount properly. If that works, just wrap/paint it and be done..... No ideas on what speakers fit, I usually find the speakers I like and make them work... hehehe

Thats what i thought, and i made a quick little 1/2" spacer for it and the tweet hit the speaker grill... :( idk what im gonna do but they ARE going in!

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

its just air duct, it will move.

suck the speaker down.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

• 2 weeks later...

If you take a heat gun you can heat up the plastic air duct and push on it with the handle of a screwdriver or a piece of wood. That way you can push the airduct down and reform it so the speaker will fit.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived