speakers so loud they blow a girl's clothes off

Its amazing that anytime I see a show or read an article they always have false or incomplete information.

They never really get us car stereo guys involved in an area where we are the real experts.

I remember reading something where an engineer said we have never had any sound over 160 dB. This article was very recent too.

Most of those guys are referring to mid range to high frequencies and dont take bass into account.

235 dB is impossible as sound, as it would be an explosive shockwave.

True sound ends at 194 dB.

We have proven in 180 dB cars that 160 mph winds are created.

Storms with winds in excess of 100 mph have shown to blow articles of clothing off of people.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

x2 Like the mythbusters episode where they tried to destroy a car with bass.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

so hows that not having a car audio guy there when you have wayne harris (sp) there with his termlab ?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Yup, they said it wasnt possible to blow out a window with a stereo system.

But I would see it happen every other weekend.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

so hows that not having a car audio guy there when you have wayne harris (sp) there with his termlab ?

I was just talking about the fact that it can be done and they basically said that it couldn't.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

I was just talking about the fact that it can be done and they basically said that it couldn't.

yeah i realized after my post you were trying to get at that

but even with him there i'm sure he's seen numerous windows bust aswell as doors break and what not

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Its amazing that anytime I see a show or read an article they always have false or incomplete information.

They never really get us car stereo guys involved in an area where we are the real experts.

I remember reading something where an engineer said we have never had any sound over 160 dB. This article was very recent too.

Most of those guys are referring to mid range to high frequencies and dont take bass into account.

235 dB is impossible as sound, as it would be an explosive shockwave.

True sound ends at 194 dB.

We have proven in 180 dB cars that 160 mph winds are created.

Storms with winds in excess of 100 mph have shown to blow articles of clothing off of people.

this is a little different. with subs you have wind pushing and pulling. same way the bag usualy never gets sucked into the port or blown off, the cloths wouldnt get blown away. with a storm, the wind is blowing constantly in one direction, pulling the cloths off. with this manswers they found out how many db's it would take to actualy rip the clothing.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived