DB electrical ALTERNATORS worth it? Is this alt what they say?!?

D

C

P

O

W

E

R

F

T

W

!

!

Really? You would suggest a company that has no experience with the vehicle that this guy has? Then in the one attempt that they did make with this particular vehicle they failed miserably on it. Which in turn forced me to go to another company that was better in every aspect including customer service(actually that being the worst area that they failed in if you ask me) and the overall knowledge of making an alt fit into a car that they've never seen in person before.

Jump off the fan boy wagon for just a minute and clear your head Logan. Stop pointing someone in the wrong direction that will ultimately lead them in a road full of headaches and false promises.

If the guy wants a quality product that will fit in his vehicle the first time round along with great customer service and prices then he already knows who to contact. The fact that I have the same car and have put a high output unit from Iraggi in it already while the DC unit would not even fit to begin with is proof enough that he should not use them for his alt, and I would bet that Rob would tell him that he doesn't feel comfortable doing his alt anyway after the failed attempt with my vehicle.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

im not leading him in the wrong direction, my alternators are amazing...i have had 0 problems with them at all, just because you had problems with dc power does not mean there bad alts, you went with iraggi...and hopefully his products have picked up from last year or the year before when they were catching on fire and he was having to be sued to get money back....dont make this into a bash fest, if i didnt think my dc power alt was the shit then i wouldnt have said it.

As usual you missed the point all together. The issue with my DC alt was that it wouldn't fit in the vehicle. That is the big issue I had with them, well also that their so called great customer service is crap and was not worth the bs I was told time after time. Why would a guy that has the same car want to attempt to get an alt from a company that failed on building one that would fit into that particular car? I never said that the quality was crap, nor did I say that they aren't reliable either. I said the the cs and the fact the alt didn't fit was the big issue.

Catching fire makes me laugh. I doubt that anything caught fire because of the alt failing. I would bet that if anything of the sort happend it was not becuase of something Dom did. As for the dude that tried to sue, that's a whole other story from a guy who has a very questionable integrity. If you don't believe me just ask 1lowsuv cause he was ripped off by the dude that tried to sue Dom.

Also I know you put up with tons of bullshit promises from Rob cause I read them in your build log thread. How he promised you an alt and it never came, how it must have been Fedex that fucked up. If you want to believe that stupid shit as good customer service you deserve the crap that will happen with your equiptment. Just like your DC subs are falling apart, I'm sure the alt will in due time.

I'm out as far as this cause you can't out argue a fan boy no matter what you do. The guy here knows who to contact about an alt and I'm sure he'll make the right decision.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

im not leading him in the wrong direction, my alternators are amazing...i have had 0 problems with them at all, just because you had problems with dc power does not mean there bad alts, you went with iraggi...and hopefully his products have picked up from last year or the year before when they were catching on fire and he was having to be sued to get money back....dont make this into a bash fest, if i didnt think my dc power alt was the shit then i wouldnt have said it.

All alternator companies suck. Period, I dont care who you go to, who you run, or who replies with the quickness. All alternator companies that are recommended, IRAGGI, DC, DB Electrical, Mechman, Ohio Gen, or just who ever. You may have the greatest experience ever, but I'm sure for every great experience there is always someone who hates your prized company guts. To me their all equal, and it doesn't matter what company post, or what their idle is there are always problems or good recommendations. I have a DB electrical, and I love it, I have a friend whos feed up with DC because he's been waiting close to a month for his alternator, and free powder coats aint cutting it. Then I have another who swears by DC, then another who swears by Iraggi, and another good friend who say Mechman has bad business practices.

Now personally I have no bad things to say about anybody because people this is a business, and stuff like this happens. So OP my guess would be go with what your gut tells you and your wallet allows . Because someones worst experience might be your greatest.

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

All alternator companies suck. Period, I dont care who you go to, who you run, or who replies with the quickness. All alternator companies that are recommended, IRAGGI, DC, DB Electrical, Mechman, Ohio Gen, or just who ever. You may have the greatest experience ever, but I'm sure for every great experience there is always someone who hates your prized company guts. To me their all equal, and it doesn't matter what company post, or what their idle is there are always problems or good recommendations. I have a DB electrical, and I love it, I have a friend whos feed up with DC because he's been waiting close to a month for his alternator, and free powder coats aint cutting it. Then I have another who swears by DC, then another who swears by Iraggi, and another good friend who say Mechman has bad business practices.

Now personally I have no bad things to say about anybody because people this is a business, and stuff like this happens. So OP my guess would be go with what your gut tells you and your wallet allows . Because someones worst experience might be your greatest.

GREAT way to put it

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i bought a 200 amp from them about 2yrs ago, and after id say bout 3 months it took a shit, so i sent it back, they sent a new one and it took a shit again. so i just said fuck it and asked for my refund btw they are a small case alt & as i was told small case alts are no good for car audio becuz they over heat easy

i have a mechman now and have NO complaints , their alts are nice and keep the volts up

:clapping: ...well said man!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Excellent post!!

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

Excessive Amperage all the way. Best service i ever had.

Archived