You guys think we are the only planet with life?

OK. All of the galaxies and stars that might have some sort of life is/are light years away yet we can take a picture of them, and recieve them back in a matter of moments thats a feally fast camera.

I think that all of this stuff is actually closer to us than the scientest are telling up. We listen to what they all have to say. Hell there are still dumbass people out there that still believe in Global Warming sorry Global Climate Change. Even arter it has been debunked. Sorry Al Gore if the polar pear is getting hot give his ass a cold Coca Cola they seem to like it.

Sorry to get off subject, my honest answer.

Yes, there is other life out there.

No, they are not as far away as they say.

The light that has reached our cameras left those stars many years ago.

It works like this.

lets say we have a star 1000 light years away from us and our cameras.

That star was emitting light 1000 years ago.

Now in the present, the light that was emitted 1000 years ago finally reached us and our cameras.

Thats what we see.

Thats why it is 1000 light years away.

That star may infact be dead, or in a different spot by now. But we see 1000 year old light.

BTW, there are at least 9 stars within 10 light years of us.

So it is conceivable that we can travel to those systems in a single life time.

If we can build a craft to event travel 25% of the speed of light, that means we can reach our closest neighbor in 17.2 years because it is 4.3 light years away.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

The whole debate for the existence of intelligent life just brings us to the Fermi Paradox. We are only a few hundred years from having the technological capabilities to begin to colonize the galaxy. If intelligent life had arose before us they would have began to colonize the galaxy and the rest of the universe, yet we have no evidence for this happening.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

^^^ That's what's hard to comprehend. Looking deep into space is actually looking BACK in time! They have actually "seen" a gamma ray burst that is believed to be 13 BILLION light years away (years ago). :o

Yup, its supposed to be from the BIG BANG.

Thats exactly the main purpose of astronomy, to see our origins, to peer back in time to creation.

Now we cant see ourselves back in time. But we can see other parts of the universe as how they were.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

My opinion, yes, ther is other intelligent life forms out there...considering what Ed said, due to the immense number of galaxies, stars, planets, perhaps even universes

and kinda off topic but I find it intriguing that there is possibilities of other dimensions, example from a show, anything you can imagine has happend in some type of dimension, every possibility fullfilled by every human

shit makes my head spin

<div align='center'>03 RAV4

18" DC Level 4 XL

Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge

AudioQue 2200D

6.25 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz

DB Linc 200 Amp H/O ALT

1/0 BIG III</div>

if the universe is forever expanding like we believe then there is no doubt in my mind that their is life.. will we ever interact with the other life? probably not.. but its just ignorant to say no there is no life in the universe other that ours.. for all we know 1 gogoplex light years away there might be a earth identicle to ours.. We will never know..

lmao ive always wondered what the universe is expanding into? i mean i know it expands, but what is the space that its expanding to? it it just nothing there, white, black, clear, or what? i mean seriously

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

i gotta bring this one back

it is not expanding into someting

it is the something

it makes more of itself

you cant think in terms of bounds

it has none

as for the "close" star systems that we can reach

Ed you are correct one can reach them if we travel 25% of the speed of light but we cant really make it back. not enough time

if an astronaut left when he was 20 he would get there a 60 nd if he turned around immediately then he would get back at 100. not feasible for science. unless we implement multiple generations it cant be done

that brings me to my next point. the fastest car is around 250-260 mph

jets travel at around 529 mph

SR-71 Blackbird at 2275 mph

the space shuttle is around 3500 mph leaving Earth but,

the fastest we have gone in outer space is about 17,500 mph (space shuttle in orbit)

now 25% of the speed of light is around 167,400,000 mph

which is about 9566 times faster than we have ever gone

and itll still take 40 years to reach oneof these places

i honestly cannot see that happening

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

probability says yes

and the answer is yes

and i think its ignorant to not think that

but

we are so bound by our environment and the knowledge around us that we always think of aliens and other planets with cities and space ships as the other life form... thats soo... simple

to think it all has to be so familiar is the problem, humans are so wrapped around the acceptable notion of what another life form is that we can all draw it... lol... E.T.

its all life... from the big bang and everything after that point... its all life

humans dont like ends, we dont like death and we dont like the thought of nothing after death, we dont like unanswered questions

so we created religion... so we wouldnt feel so alone, miniscule, and helpless/useless with our short time on this planet

OP: whether something else is like us at the same time (2010) in another galaxy or universe... very unlikely

our solar system is 4500000000 years old, it makes no sense to think in that many years that "life" wasnt also created elsewhere

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived