Ford Explorer/Mercury Mountaineer Owners-- Get in here

Hotdog

Kick ass numbers bro, i wanna try a burp box for my 4 DD 2512´s and Soundigital 8000.1 , any ideas? wagonized gave me a few nice ideas but 3 heads think better than one hehe, i´m looking for a 154 on db drag racing, shouldn´t be too hard with my equipment but you never know hehe, my daily box does 151 with a LOT of leaks on the doors and trunk...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Kick ass numbers bro, i wanna try a burp box for my 4 DD 2512´s and Soundigital 8000.1 , any ideas? wagonized gave me a few nice ideas but 3 heads think better than one hehe, i´m looking for a 154 on db drag racing, shouldn´t be too hard with my equipment but you never know hehe, my daily box does 151 with a LOT of leaks on the doors and trunk...

do you have your own TL?

If so then you've got it made!

Id try ports to pass side as Im glad to see some other people trying aswell above. Was louder for me and also took the strain off my poor old roof because it loaded more on the rear quarter and not the rear hatch and roof.

Anywho for 4 2512s you could try 30.5x30.5x14 tall...with 4 4"aeros firing sub up port back for starters and tune enclosure from there.

Could also try same enclosure with ports external and firing sub up port to drivers side. IF the ports are external you can switch to 6" aeros or a single 8 or 9".

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********

1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile

1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)

do you have your own TL?

If so then you've got it made!

Id try ports to pass side as Im glad to see some other people trying aswell above. Was louder for me and also took the strain off my poor old roof because it loaded more on the rear quarter and not the rear hatch and roof.

Anywho for 4 2512s you could try 30.5x30.5x14 tall...with 4 4"aeros firing sub up port back for starters and tune enclosure from there.

Could also try same enclosure with ports external and firing sub up port to drivers side. IF the ports are external you can switch to 6" aeros or a single 8 or 9".

HEy wago, no but i have an AC 190 wich is more than enough for testings hehe, i´m at 151 dbs without playing with any tuning and i don´t even have flares, it´s just a daily box, i know i could get it to 152 without any problems, but i´m shooting for a higher score for burps and leave the other box for daily!!

Yes, after you told me that on termpro, i really wanna try subs up/port side , the 30.5 x 30.5 x 14 are external dimensions with 1" thick or 3/4"??? Also, i´m not to worry about port area hommie, i´m leave that side of the box without any glue so i can change it, wanna try 3 6" ports, single 8" port and 4 4" ports, even 2 8" ports, all PVC tubes and when i find the real area that i need, i´ll get some nice aeroports, what really worries me is the internal space of the box, that ain´t too easy to fix if i made a mistake hehe, you think i should start bigger and then shrink? i really don´t think so because i have a very big power for this subs and i need a smaller box for them, so i think i´m gonna take your advice, the box i have in mind it´s something like 6 cubic feet and 3 6" ports, that´s what i think would be the best after all the testing, but you never know!!!

What big difference you had ports back VS port side? some tenths or even dbs? cheers!!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

HEy wago, no but i have an AC 190 wich is more than enough for testings hehe, i´m at 151 dbs without playing with any tuning and i don´t even have flares, it´s just a daily box, i know i could get it to 152 without any problems, but i´m shooting for a higher score for burps and leave the other box for daily!!

Yes, after you told me that on termpro, i really wanna try subs up/port side , the 30.5 x 30.5 x 14 are external dimensions with 1" thick or 3/4"??? Also, i´m not to worry about port area hommie, i´m leave that side of the box without any glue so i can change it, wanna try 3 6" ports, single 8" port and 4 4" ports, even 2 8" ports, all PVC tubes and when i find the real area that i need, i´ll get some nice aeroports, what really worries me is the internal space of the box, that ain´t too easy to fix if i made a mistake hehe, you think i should start bigger and then shrink? i really don´t think so because i have a very big power for this subs and i need a smaller box for them, so i think i´m gonna take your advice, the box i have in mind it´s something like 6 cubic feet and 3 6" ports, that´s what i think would be the best after all the testing, but you never know!!!

What big difference you had ports back VS port side? some tenths or even dbs? cheers!!!

those dimensions are single layer 3/4" wood. always build single layer everywhere then add one layer at a time and test. ;)

id make sure you have some flares for any size aeros you use because that will affect ur score and tuning big time.

cant really compare directly port to side vs rear because it requires a totally different enclosure to utilize it. For me, it came down to the fact that I couldnt consistently do the scores my setup was capable of without my roof giving out. I could fix it once and forall but that would break the dbdrag rules and last thing id want is to get DQd at finals then have all my #'s during the season questioned aswell. So side firing the port allows you to take the load off the roof a little bit...or atleast the particular part of the roof that was weakening on my ride. Also another advantage is that you have more room left to right than you do front to back...so you can utilize that and run more port area and fit a longer port with side firing.

I was up to 157.4 in 2007 consistently about 3 weeks before finals and gained 0.2 of that with my maxxlink which crapped out on my during the drive to finals from the vibration I suppose> (i didnt have it mounted, was just sitting ontop of one of the amps).

The following year with 6 solo x 10s which im 100% confident are NOT nearly as good of SPL woofers as my 9912s were but it was a 25% cone area advantage and also my amps were strapped at 0.33 strapped with the solo Xs compared to 0.5 ohm strapped with the 9912s. Orrr it may have just been a better enclosure, who knows...but my number for that setup was 157.8db but the passenger rear sub would shatter the cone ever 3rd full power burp. Shooting plastic shrapnel everywhere! But no roof issues.

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********

1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile

1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)

Sound great man, i have A LOT of experience on SPL actually, but, i haven´t play with the explorer and you have, that´s why i prefer to listen to you, ok i´m gonna take a couple of tips from you, i wanna try that port to driver´s side box also, we´ll see, i´m not shooting for a 156 for example, i don´t have the equipment to archive that number without much problems, i know i could get there with a LOT of work but i´m not even thinking about that because SPL comps are dead around here, but i would be more than happy with a 154 wich i know i can get with this equipment without major issues, but i have to fix the leaks URGENT!!

Thanks a lot for the advice man, cheers!! :yahoo:

i have 03 Explorer XLS, 1 DC LVL 5 18", Crunch P1500.1, box is 6.9cu after bracing, tuned to 36hz, sub up 3 6" aeros firing back. Sub is wired to 1.4ohm and i'm doing 142.2 sealed on the glass. 140.2 at the headrest passenger door open, driver up and door closed, both rear windows down and motor off. the sub was reconed 3 weeks ago, so not broke in yet since only seeing 500 watts. also have 95sq ft of Second Skin to go in the next week.

old coil, from what Derrick's Integra did to it

P1020876.jpg

P1020894.jpg

P1020898.jpg

P1020832.jpg

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

• 1 year later...

Bump this up for all the new explorer builds at the site. Post some pics and scores

I don't own an Explorer personally, just finished up a build for a buddy of mine not long ago. Only running 700-ish clamped watts (Can't remember the exact number) it does a 146 and some change (146.03-146.06 I'm wanting to say) legal. 2 Obsidian 15's

429353_255557694519676_129634487111998_609198_1507472620_n.jpg

Another buddies Explorer with a single Mayhem 18" on around 1600 clamped, this setup does mid 148's sealed up

401664_387733217932195_100000865613160_998650_586865368_n.jpg

Both setups need more power/electrical but fairly respectable numbers for what they have. The only time the Mayhem has seen the meter it actually had broken the port wall loose at the bottom somehow, sure it was hurting it slightly.

Had to edit to put the correct score for the Mayhem.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Archived