Rockford components

jizazz12

looking into possibly buying some RF 6.5 components for a build I'm putting together.I was looking at the specs and I'm not seeing any real difference between the T1 series and the T2's . am i missing something or is there a difference in power handling or something i didn't see, just curious as to what the difference is be for i make a choice.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

t1 and t2?

aren't those the line of subwoofers not components?

for comps your looking at prime, punch, or power all of which handle a different amount of power

nice choice I love my punch 6.5's :good:

Rockford's power line of components are also classified as T1 and T2...

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

yes the power line is correct i'm just wondering if the only differace is the cone surface area or if there is something else .

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

yeah man i went to the sight thats why i asked here thought maby somone here may have used them and had some on hand experience.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

looking into possibly buying some RF 6.5 components for a build I'm putting together.I was looking at the specs and I'm not seeing any real difference between the T1 series and the T2's . am i missing something or is there a difference in power handling or something i didn't see, just curious as to what the difference is be for i make a choice.

RF just came out with the T2 components at the show not even a month ago. I don't know much about them other than they are a 3-way component system versus a 2-way system. Take that as you may, it could create for a better sound by providing the third woofer and maybe put less stress on the tweeter so you have less of a problem with them being too bright.

With my T1652's I had a problem using the crossover provided with the tweeter being too bright but was able to fix that with the adjustable dB setting. Also when I tried putting "rated" power to them they just screamed. I set them with a scope and had no clippage but they were just too bright so I had to turn it down or else it was too overwhelming.

All in all these are the best components I have owned, and well worth the money (I paid $169 with free shipping) but before purchasing another set I am going to wait and see on the prices of the T2's.

thank you for the info,i didn't know that they were three way . i just saw that online car stero has them listed for 249.00 , so the only differance between the two is that that the T2 is a three way ? cool have to give this some thought now.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

yeah man i went to the sight thats why i asked here thought maby somone here may have used them and had some on hand experience.

:rofl: don't take logan's word for it he's only dealt with the old power series MID and thats it

and RF mids have more cone that traditional mids because of the vast surround

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Archived