Sonic Electronix

Does bass shake the brain?

Bass & the Brain  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Can you feel bass affecting your brain function during play?

• Yes
    • You're paranoid
    • No

ive had ears ringing from a 1.5" tweeter on 100 watts. and 1k could make you deaf with the right drivers and box, and if u had ur head in the port. stop being ignorant people.

and ben, i wouldnt have the slightest idea how to go about finding the resonant frequency of your skull. it could be easy tho, im sure some scientist could do it.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

and ben, i wouldnt have the slightest idea how to go about finding the resonant frequency of your skull. it could be easy tho, im sure some scientist could do it.

It would be easy,

play various frequencies and measure which one creates the most vibration on someone's skull.

But the skull is deadened quite a bit. Fluid, brain tissue, muscle and skin are all acting as sound deadeners.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I say yes...... Blurs my vision. As far as brain function..... Any sound can distract you. Graph a function in a quiet room with no distractions. Graph a function at 147+ DB with blurred vision..... More than likely, I'd be willing to bet you'll find yourself in a trance. Rattling the brain.... Since the brain is surrounded by fluid, to some extent it has to be affected. Imagine a water bottle on the seat of a car... Granted there is likely a difference in viscosity of your brain fluid and less than that which is in a water bottle, but I'm willing to bet bass has an affect on cerebral fluid... But I do find myself in a trance more while I'm bumpin than not.... Best example of this that I can personally say is passing under a light and not remembering if the light was green.... I do it every now and then, but it hardly ever happens when I'm not at a moderate volume.

Back to the story of the banjo playing neighbor shooting someone over loud music, why hadn't anyone shot the banjo player while he was playing banjo out in the middle of his yard?

Ride - 2006 Scion xB

Equipment:

H.U. - Kenwood KDC-X793

Amps - Memphis 16-MC2.100

Memphis 16-MC1.1100

Front Stage - Memphis 15-MCC6 6.5 Components with silk dome tweets

Subs - Memphis 15-M310D4 10" Sub (x2)

Custom box 3.02 ft3 after displacement, tuned to 37 hz

Big 3

Second Skin Damplifier

Coming soon:

Kinetik HC1400

H.O. Alt

AudioControl three.1

how do you find the resonant frequency of ur skull ? lol

probably close to the same way you find the lossfactor of damping, lol

basically, get a piezo crystal, get some leads on it so you can view the electronic output, higher numbers = more vibration

so just run a sweep and find what it peaks at :D

generally you need a spectrum analyser for this and they are a little pricey! Like, 10X more than a termlab for a good one!!!!

Agilent Spectrum Analyzer, 9 kHz to 3GHz

$7,871.00 new - Davis Instruments

^---------------- thats a REAL example!

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Archived