aigh so, hopefully this week ill be ordering my stuff to upgrade my wire to 1/0 g. , do big 3, and add the 2nd bat to the back in hopes to reduce light dim and have a better punch to the subs :D . but while i was thinkin of all the stuff i though :unsure: ... if i run things like in the pic... will the 2nd battery in the back get charged cus the line from the front bat goes directly into the distributer? the distributer i plan on using is http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KNF-23 cus it can take 2 1/0 g cable in, and 3 out. i was tryin to find one without the fuses.. but didnt find one cus ill still have to add a fuse to the alt *cus of big 3*, and a fuse to the rear bat.

03210132013510561050546zg7.jpg

will this be ok? :huh: , or should i just run a straight wire from the front to the back bat., then from the back bat. run a wire to the dist...

any help will be appreciated :)

Edited by CynicLos
  • '02 Jetta
  • (1) Fi Btl 18 Inch Sub
  • Big box FTW!
  • Installed the HU.. finally...
  • Look for a H.O. Alt
    yea... it bangs.. but still need some few things

0000002102154.gif

0001897780.gif

00000000004987.gif

That would work just fine, but if you want to save a few bucks, just run the wire from front battery to back battery, then run the + and - wires from the batteries to the amps, and bypass the distro block. Also dont forget to chassis ground your rear battery.

i would but u see.. what what happend was.. i cant fix the cars' trunk at the moment cus a lil water pours in when it rains, and its been raining alot lately here in Tx, so the amps are under my seats as-of-now, lol. homie cant live without the subs man :lol: so i came up with this plan cus, it would be a lil too much cable to run 2 straight lines from the back batt to each amp. and since one amp is only pushin the door speakers, im going with a 4 g. cable for the small one. damn... i cant decide now on how to run the cables... <_<

any other ideas ?

Edited by CynicLos
  • '02 Jetta
  • (1) Fi Btl 18 Inch Sub
  • Big box FTW!
  • Look for a H.O. Alt

0000002102154.gif

0001897780.gif

00000000004987.gif

oh yea man, i kno ;) ill probably add one on the line going from bat to alt cus of the big 3, just a 80-100 fuse cus i got stock alt. any way, thanks for the help every one. :)

• '02 Jetta
  • (1) Fi Btl 18 Inch Sub
  • Big box FTW!
  • Look for a H.O. Alt

0000002102154.gif

0001897780.gif

00000000004987.gif

are u all sure that would work? cause the alt would be charging the first battery, but nothing would be charging the second. and the amps would pull from both batteries, so eventually, wouldnt the second battery go dead? i think there should also be a straight run of positive and negative between both batteries in addition to everything in the pic.

i likes me some audio stuff...

are u all sure that would work? cause the alt would be charging the first battery, but nothing would be charging the second. and the amps would pull from both batteries, so eventually, wouldnt the second battery go dead? i think there should also be a straight run of positive and negative between both batteries in addition to everything in the pic.

thats what i was thinking would happend since there will be only one wire, and in the middle it would have 2 outputs for the amps. so basically all current flows to the middle, and not completing a full circuit. good thing i posted here before ordering my cable.

i think im going with having a solid wire for batt 1 ----- batt 2. and from batt 2, have a run to a dist. block under the seats for the amps. bad thing is, ill be going to mex for a lil vacation B) so my proj. will be put on hold. and ill have some more time to think about the placement of things.

any who, thanks for the help :D

• '02 Jetta
  • (1) Fi Btl 18 Inch Sub
  • Big box FTW!
  • Look for a H.O. Alt

0000002102154.gif

0001897780.gif

00000000004987.gif

run the wire from the alt to bat1 from bat1 to bat 2 then to the d block

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

you're kinda correct but the alternator will charge both batteries because the d-block will connect the two batteries together, but not as efficient how i see it. i prefer to run my power lines from the 1st to the 2nd batts.

this is how i would run it but user preference. dont worry about grounding your amps in different places if you cannot groud them to one spot. just make sure your grounds are clean and you should be ground-loop free.

03210132013510561050546zg7.jpg

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper