Sonic Electronix

HELP ME TALK HIM OUT OF IT!!

i must be under the wrong impression, but i thought the XL's were lvl 4 subs with lvl 5 coils? he got so many orders for em he just decided to call them lvl 4 XL?

I am pretty sure it has a larger motor than the LVL4, not sure about he soft parts though......

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

theres no need for an XL a normal level 4 would be more then enough for him especially with budget

bigger sub = bigger amp = more money spent on electrical

He'll get whatever he needs for electrical upgrades.It's just for subs, that is his limit as far as money spent.

What do you think?

I'd say let him stick with the Kickers. Its also a lot of how the box is built and what amp etc etc..not just one sub vs another. (not all the time that is).

Well it's going in the back of a Tahoe, so I have as much room to build whatever kind of box I need to realistically.The price for the CVXs is making it hard to make anything else much more appealing.

I've heard two 15'' CVX before and wasn't impressed. But then again, maybe it was a shitty box because his box looked really small. Plus I think one of his subs blew after he played bass I love you haha. It was weird how one sub stopped beating.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

He'll get whatever he needs for electrical upgrades.It's just for subs, that is his limit as far as money spent.

What do you think?

what i was trying to point out is if his budget for subS is 400 i dont think he'll wanna fork out 400 for batterys cable all that other shit

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

That's kind of harsh one thing is helping with the build but choosing his equipment is another thing.

Let me rephrase....I am building the system by myself, and he is just dumping out the cash.Not exactly just helping.Sorry for the misunderstanding.

When u are a recording engineer, you don't get to choose the music someone wants to record. When you work at a shop, you can't choose the gear you install into a car. What's the big deal? Just make the install for his CVX's the best it can possibly be. If the guy has no urge to even help you with it to learn how to do it, he is clearly not that into bass. He won't know what he's missing out and probably wouldn't care that much if he did.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

I say give the guy what he/she wants. If he wants Kicker CVX then give him what he asked for. If your a good installer then it shouldn't matter what they want to put in their car cause you should have the know how to make it sound good. Some of you guys in here spend way too much time bashing established companies for no real good reason. If those companies didn't make good products then they wouldn't be around making their millions in profit every year.

I think alot of folks in this hobby forget the true nature of it. Its not about what you run, its about making the shit sound good and loud.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

It's a friend of a friend.... The only reason he wants you to do the build is cuz you will probably do it for free, vs getting a shop to do it for money. Tell him to get what he wants and have a shop install it. If you get the pick the gear he uses, then it would make it worth it to do the install, because you get to essentially try out some good gear and put your name on a setup that nobody knows about.

There's a difference between somebody who wants beat and somebody who wants to learn. Stop wasting your time.....

Cvx is louder than lvl 3.. Check

my vids and/or build log I ran Both

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cvx is louder than lvl 3.. Check

my vids and/or build log I ran Both

actually, you took a broken in CVX vs a brand new lvl 3, not a fair comparison.. lvl 3 was still stiff... check?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived