Sundown Audio

any1 out there know any1 looking to sponsor some one in the audio area? i've talked to quite a few companies and most of them damn near want blood from you just to get a "Discounted" price on their stuff. problem i got is the "discounted" price is still to damn high for my budget. i am planning on redoing my system and running it on the CHEAP. i got my amps and subs but a sponsored upgrade would be nice. the big thing i need some kind of help getting is a bigger alternator and batteries. any1 out there know of any1 that can help??????? :search:

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

Think maybe of setting you sights on less expensive equipment, then work your way up, get noticed, and make a name for yourself. Then approach companies for a possible sponsorship/partnership.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

any1 out there know any1 looking to sponsor some one in the audio area? i've talked to quite a few companies and most of them damn near want blood from you just to get a "Discounted" price on their stuff. problem i got is the "discounted" price is still to damn high for my budget. i am planning on redoing my system and running it on the CHEAP. i got my amps and subs but a sponsored upgrade would be nice. the big thing i need some kind of help getting is a bigger alternator and batteries. any1 out there know of any1 that can help??????? :search:

Looks to me .. like your looking for hand out :01nocomment8so: ...which is not going to happen with us ...Not bashing you ,but i get this all the time ...

Edited by Team Nemesis-DJ

If your looking for a sponser, goto your local audio shop and become friends with them. Let them know your interested to help out around the shop for anything they need. Tell them you want to learn whatever you can and you would even support their shop via a sticker/decal of the shop.

Theres very few sponsorships given out now days, the select few that are sponsored worked their ass of to get it, and actually competed for a very very long time, and take 1-5th place finishes in the US/WORLD settings. These people are known through out the audio industry by not only other audio enthusiast but companies.

Audio companies now days dont want to sponsor people because they have been taken advantage off by other competitors back in the day by giving said competitor free products with the only rule is to use it all.

But they dont and they end up selling what they dont want or need off, never using the product what so ever and not supporting their sponsor.

I myself am not sponsored and could care less to be. However I think Im pretty well heard online (lol) and speak the truth about the products Ive ran, and rep the hell out of those products. Ive gotten many GREAT deals by companies when I never even asked for them, and thats the way it should be!! Not you asking them for "discounts".

Edited by Audiofanaticz

If your looking for a sponser, goto your local audio shop and become friends with them. Let them know your interested to help out around the shop for anything they need. Tell them you want to learn whatever you can and you would even support their shop via a sticker/decal of the shop.

Thats basically what I have done. Being into bass as much as I am I started hanging out at my local shop. Competed in every comp i could and did my best to rep the pruduct I was running. Now even though it isn't official the shop owner does everything in his power to help me out with product price breaks and labor.

I have been sponsored by three different companies, and most recently by Audiopipe, and I have worked my ass off to get where I am today. I owned my own company and competed in NSPL, MECA, DB Drag for almost ten years before I ever even asked to be sponsored. So all I got to tell you is you gotta work for it and show that you really want it and then maybe you will get what you seek.

www.bassproducers.com

TEAMS

TEAM BASSPRODUCERS, TEAM HERTZ (VA)

*Ranger System*

(4) 18" Kicker Comp

(4) 10" Kicker Comp

Dual Stinger Alts.

(5) Rockford Punch 200's

(2) Punch 100's

*Outlander System*152.6 DB so Far*

(8) TXX-APX12W

(2) AP-30001D'S

(2) AP-2004'S

(8) APMB6'S

(4) KHC2400'S

I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote on another site not too long ago as it applies well here also.

I'll chime in on this as I receive about a dozen or so requests a week.

For our company to sponsor someone, we would need to see an opportunity for a return on our investment in you.

Lets look at a few things.

First off why should we invest in you? What do you have to offer that the 1000 other requests we get don't have? What are your goals for said product, placement, and display? What is the long term plan? How can we track your success in bringing in customers? Who are you really? What have you done? How long have you been doing it? How active are you in the community? Are you known, respected, trusted, looked up too? I can go on, but I think you get the idea of where we as a manufacture is coming from.

What I can tell you that we don't need is, someone to write a review after they get the product. We get that all the time from paying customers.

Attending competitions. I can tell you it is a very competitive market. For the most part, people compete with what they have, already know about the others and run what they brung. Finals is not much better. Yes a world title would be nice to say we helped you achieve. But then look at Pioneer, they have a few world titles and you don't see everyone running around with the Premiers right?

I have seen some of our best publicity come from the car show market. People who add our product to their show car. These people spend the time to properly display the product, and spend even more time going to shows.

Repeat customers also work their way into much better pricing. Spend money with us now, show your loyalty and get very nice pricing later. We have also hooked customers up with product, and unreleased product for testing. Invest in a company, and in turn we can invest in you. Rockford Fosgate didn't hand Meade with a pallet of amps just because he asked in an email one day.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)