Second Skin Audio

Does this look like a decent designed box? It's 3.99 cubes per side tuned to 29.22 hz using expos calculator. It will basically be a blow through from trunk into cabin of car. Port forward, subs facing each other.

FirstRendering.jpg

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Didnt know if you can read technical drawings or not so i put up the techinical ortho and a rendering.

BoxnoTop.jpg

TopRender.jpg

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

might have some cancellation.

4 cubes should have 60 or so square incehs of port imo

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Ports seem wayy to small for 4ft3 per side and you will likely run into some cancellation with the subs firing like that. Also 2ft3 per 15 ported is extremely small for nearly any 15 I can think of. With that space you'd likely have much better success running 12s instead of horribly choking 15s. What woofers?? and how much power per??

Edited by Marlo Stanfield

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Why is everyone talking about cancelation now? IIRC that the same style enclosure as Chicken's Escalade's and I don't remember anyone saying anything like that about his truck. Maybe its cuz Steve isn't doing this one? (Not trying to diss you Steve)

I think I saw a video of a trunk car with a box something like this and it sounded pretty good.

But I agree with everyone about your port, it looks way too small.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

OK i see what you might be saying about cancellation but i have seen it done like this before. I was just seeing if a box this design would work. i had the port 12" tall x 1" wide x 6" long i changed it to 12x3x32 and got a tuning of 34.62 which should be decent for daily. I haven't picked out any subs yet because i wanted to see what all i could accommodate. That space in the middle could easily be made smaller to add more volume in the chamber. I'm just trying to figure out if this will work. Chicken's Escalade has it but maybe i am missing something.

The ports are still too small. They need to be at least around 48 sq. in.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg