Second Skin Audio

DD3515's vs. Mmats Dreadnaut 15's

Pokey

So i went to Spring Fling last weekend in Panama City and ran into a Mmats dealer/shop owner from Chipley, Fl. I've always wanted to either run Mmats or DD. The Mmats guy is about 90 minutes from me and the DD guy is 20 minutes from me. I wanna run something that not a lot of folks around here have, which both brands fall into that category. Most everyone around has either Kicker, RF, Alpine, JL, or MTX. Already have a HU and I'm ordering an alt and Batcap 2000 too.

Real question is, which brand would you go with if it were you and why?? The Mmats subs are dual 2ohm and the DD subs come in anywhere from dual 4ohm to dual .5ohm.

And to save on starting a new topic in the amp section....what amp would you go with too??

The options I was looking at are a Mmats 3000, a Powerbass XTA-4000D, or any suggestions made that would stay around $1000 and still be similar to those two.

I know I'm looking at about $1000 in the subs and same for the amp. I've got about $2500-3000 total to spend on this. This is going into a 91 Accord wagon that's gonna be a semi-daily driver for school and to take to shows.

there was a guy at sbn with a blazer with 4 DD 3515's in a 4th order with 2 DD M4s @ .25 each doing 54 @ 24 hz iirc

edit

both companies make respectable products though.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

do what suits you first and foremost

secondly props on using a wagon :P

im still looking for one my area

1998 Monte Carlo Z34

Stock HU but have replacement

Stock Highs

Stock Electrical

BTL 18 sitting naked

AP1500D

DD hands down, awesome C&S, amazing product!

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

DD subs are awesome, but they're still dumb speakers. They won't care what kind of amp they are connected to.

Two AP30001D amps would be way more powerful than the MMATS 3k or even the Powerbass XTA 4000 (nice amp) for about 40% less money.

DD subs are awesome, but they're still dumb speakers. They won't care what kind of amp they are connected to.

Two AP30001D amps would be way more powerful than the MMATS 3k or even the Powerbass XTA 4000 (nice amp) for about 40% less money.

I dunno man... I'm pretty sure a DDZ would punch you in the face if you connected it to an AP30001D.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I dunno man... I'm pretty sure a DDZ would punch you in the face if you connected it to an AP30001D.

hahaha

damn straight

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

LMAO agreed, if your dropping 1k on subs you should def get at least a higher end brutus amp if not something from sundown, aq, IA something higher end

AP3000 is good but people will be like DUDE SWEET DD's ohhhhhhh AP3000 yea thats cool lmao j.k but amps aside, def dont forget about your electrical dude, its equally important.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Boon.........I've got about $3000 to drop on the WHOLE system, not per sub, haha.

P4.......I'm making sure to upgrade all the electrical too. I know how it is man.....I don't plan on seeing another ride melt down.

Archived