6 Crossfire 18s Hummer RE-RE-RE-RE-BUILD

I would absolutly reccomend a supercharger vs. A turbo. Even though it wouldn't increase your hp a whole bunch with 4 alts, if you diddnt have one you would be at stock minus what the alts are taking. It would help balance it out and inevebitly help a little bit at least. The supercharger will help it get going, vs. A turbo kicking in at 70-80mph as well as if you're really givvin' er

Um adding another pulley adds strain to your motor, so actually adding a turbo that spools off exhaust vs a SC that spools off pulley rotation AND having 4 alts, a turbo would be more efficient. The more crank power used to turn something, the less power it's putting to your wheels. Turbo's are way much better the way to go vs SC in almost any and all applications(I'm not talking straight drag cars cause lag is an issue then, but every day use vehicles) (IMO).

Also, a turbo will give you more low end power than a SC. 2000-2500 rpm for a turbo is where most it power is at, while a SC is 3k+(give or take). Again, all this is if you buy the correct set up, rather it be a turbo or a SC, but if you do either, I'd recommend an intercooler..especially with the turbo (uses exhaust to spool).

BTW Hummer, looking good man! Bet you're anxious to get this done.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

i love this build i think its great but a supercharger seems like an oxymoron... i mean by adding all those alts they are going to be robbing whatever power you WOULD gain plus all the added weight i dont think you would benefit at all it just sounds like a better idea to spend the 5K or whatever it costs for a supercharger on something else

I don't understand..so the 4 alts would negate the effect of the SC? By how much? /quote/

everything that the engine turns robs horsepower i.e. air conditioning power steering pump water pump the fan if you have a mechanical one thats why race cars have electrical water pumps and electric fans by adding more alternators your increasing the load on the motor it takes more energy to turn more stuff with the belt you will have more power with the supercharger than without it but that change would go unnoticed compared the the truck without the added alternators as well say you have a stock hummer.. you add a supercharger you get more power then you add say 3-4 alternators now the power goes back down probably not stock but it would be much closer to that then where it was before the alts were added

Ok, I didn't know the effect would be that drastic, but thanks. So that's one of the benefits of turbos..not belt driven?

yes that is an advantage but the advantage of a supercharger over a turbo it you have power when you hit the gas with a turbo you have to wait for the engine to get to a higher rpm in my opinion the turbo is better but both have strengths and weaknesses if you really want to add power without any major loss im sure you could find some kind of turbo kit i know of people turboing 6L silverados and its the same motor

Damn. If only I would have read this page first and then the last page. I could have just quoted you like this lol. This man here knows Hummer.

Blown

for his application he would need a preety large turbo.. 40 trim and bigger..

with all the load on his motor it will start to spool almost instantly around the 2000 rpm rangne and it will continue to spool until the load is reduced or he lets off the gas..

turbos dont kick in at 70 or 80 mph.. you really should do some research before you open your mouth.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

My bad then guys, I was just saying from what little expierence I've had with them, a buddy of mine had a supra and another hadd a sabb 9-3 and in both cars you either really had to stomp on it or get into higher speeds before you could feel/hear tge turbo kicking in.. But again, my bad.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

My bad then guys, I was just saying from what little expierence I've had with them, a buddy of mine had a supra and another hadd a sabb 9-3 and in both cars you either really had to stomp on it or get into higher speeds before you could feel/hear tge turbo kicking in.. But again, my bad.

Thats called turbo lag and is expected. That is the main reason big time dragsters use SC vs turbo's. A turbo uses the exhaust to spool while the SC uses the crank. SC gives better throttle response, but turbo gives more efficient power to the wheels since it doesn't uses crank power to spool, but does so with a small delay.

Chewie, he could twin turbo it for probably a lessor cost than a 40 trim. Either way, I'd say he'll be just fine with the way it sits..N/A (naturally Aspirated). Not like you plan on running the 1/4 mile, right? ;)

Blown

Um adding another pulley adds strain to your motor, so actually adding a turbo that spools off exhaust vs a SC that spools off pulley rotation AND having 4 alts, a turbo would be more efficient. The more crank power used to turn something, the less power it's putting to your wheels. Turbo's are way much better the way to go vs SC in almost any and all applications(I'm not talking straight drag cars cause lag is an issue then, but every day use vehicles) (IMO).

Also, a turbo will give you more low end power than a SC. 2000-2500 rpm for a turbo is where most it power is at, while a SC is 3k+(give or take). Again, all this is if you buy the correct set up, rather it be a turbo or a SC, but if you do either, I'd recommend an intercooler..especially with the turbo (uses exhaust to spool).

BTW Hummer, looking good man! Bet you're anxious to get this done.

thank you for verifying im not an expert on turbos but ive read enough of modified mag and import tuner to sorta know what im talking about im glad it turns out i know more than i thought i did cause some of the stuff i wrote i was not 100% on its just what i read again thanks man

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

this build is insane. i cant imagine the amount spent on equipment. not including purchase price of the truck. no sponsors????

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

this build is insane. i cant imagine the amount spent on equipment. not including purchase price of the truck. no sponsors????

^^^this for real

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Archived