Sonic Electronix

are square subs overrated?

subs were not ment to be square only round. i had the chance to listen to some L5 15s and it seemed to me my two round 15s got lower and louder but thats just my opinion

REALLY? then how come the square design kicker designed has been running strong for like 5+ years?

I like squares just for ease of installation and efficiency of cone area distribution... ie: less space to get the same cone area.

The problem is that they dont offer enough excursion yet and the cones are constructed poorly compared to decent/high end normal subs.

Really i'd like to see some squares built to do 4" of xmax :D

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

LoL. Mr. P has said it best. At one or two subs, cone area might not be much, but the more you add for round vs square, the more cone area you are adding, period. If more cone are is more db, then why is it hard to understand that square 'could' be better? Besides, it's more than just cone area. Let's not forget other key factors..like RMS, xmax, box, vehicle..etc etc.

Plus with an 18 round you're at about 254 for cone area and with an 18 square you're at 324...wouldn't take many before,in a sense you have added another sub.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Thats funny.. But on a serious note, im not going to go take pics or video something that is not mine.. Ill just say hes all over 180 right now.. But you will see him around this year. He had taken a break to run his buisness but hes making a come back this year.. If he gives me the ok on the pics or vids then ok..

If he's over 180 then wouldn't we all know him?

A round sub of the same size can get more excursion, so it would kinda cancel out.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

So Kicker L7's don't get loud or sound good right? And only 'newbs' run the Kicker L7 right? Even though the Kicker square's have been winning SQ awards since there conception as stated by Polecat.

Any company can give a biased review of their own product. IMO what matters is customer reviews and proven results.

Shit DD claims the best woofers ever made.

9 times out of 10, True SQ and Loudness do not go hand and hand. I mean theres SQ that sounds good, and then theres Crackhead SQ. However when I read SQ Im automatically thinking crackhead sq.

Yeah 170db is A LOT just for 2 18's but anything is possible

:orly3:

well if you dont believe 170s for 2 18s, then I guess you wont believe 180s with a single 18? :lol::noob::rofl:

9 times out of 10, True SQ and Loudness do not go hand and hand. I mean theres SQ that sounds good, and then theres Crackhead SQ. However when I read SQ Im automatically thinking crackhead sq.

:ehh: Thats EX coke head :peepwall: to you buddy. :ehh: I Don't touch crack :No: cause crack kills. :woot:

LOL just playing.

If only I had your coke head smiley Brian! It would go great rite before this :ehh: and that one :peepwall:

Can we get a smiley that peeks out the window by anychance. LOL

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived