How to ship a SubWoofer!

Damn good Brian.

I have been hesitating about selling subs because I'm scared that they will get damaged.

I'm also moving back to Ohio and have been laying out a design for a crate to store My Alma L7s in. (40lbs apiece)(and rare)

Those will be getting MDF but your way is lighter.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

With comments like that, it makes me almost feel you dont care about the person your selling too..

Umm no they dont... bubble wrap will pop from the weight of a woofer being bounced on it...

If you dont have access to a tablesaw, circular saw, jig saw, drill, and your into car audio you better worry about buying some tools for your future builds before buying more audio stuff.

There is only 2 ways to properly ship a 40+ pound subwoofer in my opinion.

A: The manufactures original packaging.

B: A wooden crate which should be way stronger then most companies original packaging.

I whole-heartedly agree

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

Damn good Brian.

I have been hesitating about selling subs because I'm scared that they will get damaged.

I'm also moving back to Ohio and have been laying out a design for a crate to store My Alma L7s in. (40lbs apiece)(and rare)

Those will be getting MDF but your way is lighter.

A few reasons why I didnt use MDF to ship the woofer.

1: the weight

2: unless you paint or seal the mdf, if it gets wet some way or another, it will swell and fall apart and lose all its strength.

3: I used scrap wood. :)

I whole-heartedly agree

Thank you!

this is a amazing tutorial...the way subs should be shipped :)

I totally agree, and thank you logan!

However, its much easier for a company to replace a damaged woofer and write the damaged goods off due to their COST to MSRP ratio.

I know theres a few companies using shipping crates, like RE XXX's, Orion HCCA's for example.

But I totally agree that every company that sells a 40+ pound woofer should do this and it wouldnt really be expensive for a company to do so. They would have crates mass made cheaply and could probolly cost the company $5-$8 per crate.

very nice Brian. shipping stuff scares me. oh ya Bravox audio ships their 12's just like this. the only way to ship. i shipped one in a cardboard box. shit came back to my front porch with a hole in it and no woofer. i was like WTF!!

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

hopefully tristan read your tutorial when making the crate for my fi 18 that he is sending out to me tommorow lol would suck to recieve a damaged sub.

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz

Iraggi 220 ho alt

(RF 1500bd coming soon)

I totally agree, and thank you logan!

However, its much easier for a company to replace a damaged woofer and write the damaged goods off due to their COST to MSRP ratio.

I know theres a few companies using shipping crates, like RE XXX's, Orion HCCA's for example.

But I totally agree that every company that sells a 40+ pound woofer should do this and it wouldnt really be expensive for a company to do so. They would have crates mass made cheaply and could probolly cost the company $5-$8 per crate.

hell my power acoustik mofo came in a crate and i thought all company's shipped this way

but good tutorial

i got no pictures but this is how i shipped my last box

packing.jpg?t=1269928205

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

hell my power acoustik mofo came in a crate and i thought all company's shipped this way

but good tutorial

i got no pictures but this is how i shipped my last box

packing.jpg?t=1269928205

^^^ same principle :)

However drawing something up in google sketch is just too much added time for something that dont need to look purdy like a speaker box. :pardon:

It kinda makes me puke a lil in my mouth when you have some companies charging $600-1500 for a damn woofer and you get it in a cardboard box with foam inserts.

Ive gotten a dd back once, and even tho their packaging is pretty decent, the woofer still managed to twist a little bit. I was a bit nervous opening the box to say the least when a damn speaker cone costed $300 a lone, not including the rest of the soft parts or the motor and basket. Lol

Archived