Big 3 on a cummins?

I was looking into doing the big 3 on my truck but it's already got what looks like 4g wire on it. My truck is an 06 dodge ram with the cummins diesel engine. I have 2 shuriken 900 batteries on it now (I know they're not the best but I got a good deal on them). My question is, should I upgrade it all to 1/0 gauge? I'll be running 2 Udimensions pro 10.4x amps for the mids/highs and an SAZ3500 for the bass (will be upgrading to an ARC SE4000 in a couple months)

Thanks, Dman

Don't take the existing wire out. Just run 1/0 next to it. The current is going to take the path of least resistance

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

1. what size alternator (amperage) do you have now?

2. do you plan to upgrade to a larger, higher output one?

if you have a decently large stock alt, then dont waste your time on the big 3, unless you really want to..

If you plan on putting in an alt with a higher amperage rating, then you should consider doing the "big 3"

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Stock Alt for now. I can't remeber what the stock rating is but I'm sure it's higher than most smaller cars are. Why would I leave the stock 4g wires in and run bigger next to it? I'm kinda anal about how wiring looks and think it wouldn't look clean with double wires running. Is it better to leave the stock in place and run new?

I have a 07 cummins mega cab. The alt is rated at 136 amps and 100 at idle. It is a dual battery set up. The only stock wire I am removing is the one that goes from the battery on the right to the one on the left. I also think I will keep the stock ground battery to engine wires in and then run an additional engine to chassis wire. I am in the process of doing the big 3 as well.