UPDATED..Is this covered under warranty (vehicle)/anybody else have an aveo or know somebody that does?

When I worked at a Chevy dealership, we had a couple on the lot like that. It is a pretty widespread problem. Just go to the service drive and tell them you want this fixed because it is no fault of your own. If they try and give you the run around, go to his boss, and then his boss. I can guarantee they will fix it if you bitch enough.

IF they will fix it.. will it happen again? :(

I never got a straight answer as to why it happened in the first place. So that I cant tell you. Kind of looks like the paint in that area was to thin and that combined with debris and car washes, slowly chipped it all away. But hey, its worth a shot. Most work from a dealership body shop is covered for life. So they should keep fixing it if the problem keeps coming back.

1999 Chevy Tahoe

Level 4 15"

AP 3000d

Rockford and Phoenix Gold Componets

T400.2

Mechman 250 amp Rhino

2 Kinetik 2400

GET LOUD : STAY LOUD : SLAP RESPONSIBLY

shoulda bought a ford :facepalm: :P

Edit:

i actually like the aveos though. i imagine they get loud easily.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

On some of the Trailblazer fixes there was a clear film they applied to the rockers and in front of the rear wheels to prevent the chips. You may want to ask about that if they fix it.

And his car should have a 36 month 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I can't seem to find any chevy aveo forums..

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Here's the Aveo part of the Chevy forum. My dad owns an '05 Aveo, but I haven't personally noticed the chipping on his?

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

if it is that new, it should be covered under warranty..

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

It needs an oil change in about 200 miles, my mom (owner) is going to have a guy friend take it (to the dealer..) and have him talk to them.

shoulda bought a ford :facepalm: :P

Edit:

i actually like the aveos though. i imagine they get loud easily.

I'll trade you.. my aveo for your stang? :D

Your really complaining about rock chips? Trailblazers/Envoys got it worse. I've seen this on many trucks too without mud flaps. So maybe get it fixed and get some mud flaps installed and your problem should go away. Or stick little plastic/vinyl bullshit that'll peel off in a couple years with chips all around it except where the vinyl was.

Alll that work and bitching for an Aveo.... :)

Derp.

Archived