Sanitarium Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 I think he thought you were racist for listing a bunch of things you find to be negative about Florida, and decided to throw Cubans into that list.Sorry buddy, but you kind of messed up on your words there to just simply "acknowledge the existence of Cubans." However, lets not start a pissing match.You doesn't like Cubans, he is married to a Cuban, we all have our differences.MOVING ON. unthoughtful joke then. no need for negativity though, apologies to all offended, we're all friends here on SMD
rednekfisherman Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 I live in Ocala Florida and I hate all the pollen and humidity but other than that floridas awesome 1999 gmc jimmy 4 door mtx thunder 1501d alpine cda-102 hifonics olympus 12(temporary) 2 sundown sa 15s
JBurt09 Posted April 11, 2010 Author Report Posted April 11, 2010 FL... Hahahah Army_Guy I just saw you resided in Ohio and it reminded me of a funny ass video: I live in Ocala Florida and I hate all the pollen and humidity but other than that floridas awesome I have a buddy that lives here but spent his summer in Arizona where it gets well into the 120*s, and he said it didn't feel near as hot as hear in Florida because they didn't have all the humidity.CRAZY.
rednekfisherman Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 I love livin in Florida 352! 1999 gmc jimmy 4 door mtx thunder 1501d alpine cda-102 hifonics olympus 12(temporary) 2 sundown sa 15s
Team_DC-Derrick Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 But but but... yeah shes right, atleast in most areas of ohio is quiet and peaceful The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
rednekfisherman Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 Hahahah Army_Guy I just saw you resided in Ohio and it reminded me of a funny ass video: I have a buddy that lives here but spent his summer in Arizona where it gets well into the 120*s, and he said it didn't feel near as hot as hear in Florida because they didn't have all the humidity.CRAZY. 1999 gmc jimmy 4 door mtx thunder 1501d alpine cda-102 hifonics olympus 12(temporary) 2 sundown sa 15s
UnderLoK Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 I was down that way once for work. I spent 10 days in Lake Whales and hated every second of it. I love hot weather, but being over 100 (high 90's at night) was nuts since there was no wind to speak of. On top of that you have massive bugs and brown lacrus spiders the size of my hand. In short you can have it man, you can have ALL OF IT. I vacationed in Sarasota for about 15 years, I love that town as it isn't too touristy yet it's still on the gulf. I would move there in a heartbeat. I lived in Fort Lauderdale for just over a year and it was the biggest mistake I ever made. While the town was a blast (mostly locals from Fort, Sunrise, Miami, etc) finding work absolutely sucked. I'm born and raised in Dearborn (borders Detroit) and I couldn't believe how racist it was down there and I'm from Dearborn ffs (look up Orville L Hubbard). I was turned down for two jobs because I wasn't Cuban. Straight up profiled and denied. I talked to this one Director of HR at a hospital for 45 minutes about this and that. She says at one point "Oh yea I mean you know how it is being Cuban!" and I said "Um, no I don't I'm Irish (black Irish)". She lets out the looooong drawn out "ooooooooh" and cut the interview. It was so bad that my recruiter from Robert Half literally said "Rob, just change your name on your resume to Roberto, being black Irish you're part Spanish anyways." I couldn't believe it, that shouldn't matter... Finally when I found a job it was because I was from Detroit because "People from down here are too slow and too lazy"... I couldn't believe the balls on these people. That job lasted 4 months and then I GTFO of there and headed back to the D. I still to this day can't get over how racially motived that town was. These people hate the haitians, those people hate the cubans, these people hate the whites, those people hate the jews, these guys hate southerners, those people hate cubans, but only from Jersey, and it went on. It was like I was living in the back woods of south in the 1950's or something. I know it can't be the norm and I wouldn't generalize and say "they are all racist assholes", but the amount of people that were just threw me for a loop. I love mid->west Florida (Tampa, Sarasota, etc) and barely have any knowledge of mid, but from the knowledge I do have mid->east... No thanks! If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
bobonit Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 I'm racist for acknowledging the existance of cubans?. i think not. but since that's automatically where your mind went, i guess that makes you a little racist huh. Me a little racist? Absolutely not, I do not dislike or judge people on the basis of where they are from or their skin color. Just on their actions which include what is said. You did not acknowledge the existence of cubans, you listed them as one of the reasons you disliked Florida. So yea, that is where my mind went. If someone is a fuckface, I dislike them because they are a fuckface, not because they are a black fuckface or a white fuckface, just because they are a fuckface. /rant. 97 Maxima SE Bunch of shit going in, check out the build Build Log
bobonit Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 unthoughtful joke then. no need for negativity though, apologies to all offended, we're all friends here on SMD Peace. 97 Maxima SE Bunch of shit going in, check out the build Build Log
chud Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 The real estate market in Florida is extremely buyer friendly right now. I've been thinking of purchasing a modest winter home in the state for months. You can't fix stupid
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.