Sundown Audio

good amp for 6 dc level 3 12's

orionexplorer

i've recently decided to go from 4 to 6 level 3 12's and i was wondering what amp would be a good match for them that wouldn't kill me on price. also they have level 4 coils so i was thinking somewhere in between 4-6k, i want to use a single amp though

6 dc level 3 12's

digital designs Z1A

pioneer h/u

4 sets of rockford 6.5's

crunch 1600.4

Mechman 270a alt

kinetik hc2400 (soon to be xs power d3100)

xs power 3400 (under the hood)

lots of 1/0

i've recently decided to go from 4 to 6 level 3 12's and i was wondering what amp would be a good match for them that wouldn't kill me on price. also they have level 4 coils so i was thinking somewhere in between 4-6k, i want to use a single amp though

stetsom 7k

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

i heard stetsom isnt good for daily but i may be wrong, and mr. p the box i've designed is 12.45 cu. ft. tuned to 33hz. subs up port back. this is going in a 2003 ford explorer 4 door too. do you think that box will sound good or should i change something?

6 dc level 3 12's

digital designs Z1A

pioneer h/u

4 sets of rockford 6.5's

crunch 1600.4

Mechman 270a alt

lots of 1/0

stupid question but have you tried different alignments, sub up port up? sub up port to the side etc...

make sure the box isnt dead nuts against the rear hatch or it works like a leaky sealed box :)

if you get too close sometimes its just better to do sub up port up.

i kept about 8"+ away from the back hatch in the explorer anything closer lost output.

just a thought.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

yea i've tried sub up port up and sub up port to either side and imo it sounded terrible. sealed up it was decent but as soon as i cracked a window it dropped off really bad. its funny that you mention the distance between the port and the hatch because if i remeber right i should be exactly 8 inches from the hatch lol. do you think it will still put out good lows since the box is right at whats recomended or should i try to go a little bigger?

6 dc level 3 12's

digital designs Z1A

pioneer h/u

4 sets of rockford 6.5's

crunch 1600.4

Mechman 270a alt

lots of 1/0

i heard stetsom isnt good for daily but i may be wrong, and mr. p the box i've designed is 12.45 cu. ft. tuned to 33hz. subs up port back. this is going in a 2003 ford explorer 4 door too. do you think that box will sound good or should i change something?

I think the stetsom is a great amp, if u drop to really low volts(like Army_guy :P,8-9volts...) it will still work.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived