Looking good! I know you have seen my box for my 2 xl 12s. It is single baffled with some good bracing. My box is solidwith no box flex at all. So i think if you had a lot of bracing in the box i think you would be fine with a single layer baffle if you really wanted too. I dont know how the exhaust is under you car but on mine we got creative with it going under the car. You just need some clips to go around the wire and some real short self tapping screws and you should be able to keep the wire away from the exhaust all the way to the back.

dude i would double ALL of those panels if i were you.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

dude i would double ALL of those panels if i were you.

I would, but i'm already at about 3.5cubes per sub. 3 is the minimum. If I double it up, I would have to use less bracing. We'll see how this works, I can always double up later. This has kinda turned into a plan as I go project.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Looking good! I know you have seen my box for my 2 xl 12s. It is single baffled with some good bracing. My box is solidwith no box flex at all. So i think if you had a lot of bracing in the box i think you would be fine with a single layer baffle if you really wanted too. I dont know how the exhaust is under you car but on mine we got creative with it going under the car. You just need some clips to go around the wire and some real short self tapping screws and you should be able to keep the wire away from the exhaust all the way to the back.

Under the car is no problem, its the engine area. The battery is right next to the cylinder head and exhaust header. And where I would need to run the wire, down the fire wall and under the car, the pipe is about 2 inches from it. Pics later.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

This is my first go at it. Learning alot as I go. I would use more angles next time to better utilize the space available, but I am very limited on tools since the guy supposed to build it is a douche bag. Only two baffles with good bracing. Im kinda big so I can't have baffles taking up my leanin' space.

Ford uses small engines for weight. The mustang has always been lighter than camaro, firebird, and challenger.

Partially true, but the main reason the dropped down to the 4.6 was efficiency. OHC was the way to go vs the 'big' (sarcasm) numbers of the pushrod 302. Weight was just a small factor. But just wait, the new 302 is coming out. :) Although I have always loved me some Mustangs, I'd still pimp the new Camaro over the Stang. Looks, power, and ridiculous numbers with small mods.

BTW, I'm tuned in!

Edit: Efficient as in for the company..more models using the same block means buying parts in larger quantity at a cheaper prices equals cheaper to build. Then there's emissions and blah blah blah..lol Still great motors(4.6, 5.4) Just the damn heads cost too much.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Under the car is no problem, its the engine area. The battery is right next to the cylinder head and exhaust header. And where I would need to run the wire, down the fire wall and under the car, the pipe is about 2 inches from it. Pics later.

hey i have a 08 mustang im not sure if the batter placemtn is the same but im pretty sure that it is run it down into the fender from the battery and then into your kick panel on the passenger side that will keep it completely out of the way and also away from the heat.

Got a little bit done today. Soldered some ring terminals and got my 1/0 through the fire wall. Gonna put some heat tape on the part under the hood, it is only about two inches from the valve cover. Not a big deal right now, since I have a suspended license.

IMG_3249-1.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

I was planning on pulling the passenger seat to run the wire to the back, but rain again. German weather sucks.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived