Best way to torch lower a car?

get coil spring shackles. 50 bucks a kit for 2 wheels, lower it up to 3 inches (adjustable). Go to JC Whitney. New springs are of course the best idea, but since he clearly doesn't want to lose an arm and a leg, the shackles will work just fine.

The best way is not to. DO NOT HEAT YOUR SPRINGS! He will be risking his life and everyone else on the road! Do not heat springs. If you have to lower your car go the ebay route and get the cheap coil over sleeves for 40 bucks. But if he wants an ok ride on stock struts get megan coilover sleeves.

LoL.

Anyways. A quick search and found this

http://www.ehow.com/how_5561156_heat-springs-lower-car.html

Just remember, when you heat your springs, you'll have to replace them eventually, so why not just replace them now and not with crap from ebay..some of that might be worse than heating springs. Only lower it an inch the first time, then drive around a day or so and let them settle. It might be all you need.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

level some wood or cinder blocks under the factory jack points a inch or two from touching them. heat the springs till the car sits down on the blocks. wait a few hours to cool, jack car up off blocks, remove and drive.

I wouldnt do it anymore, but did plenty of times back in the 90's

wow, thanks alot man!...thats pretty smart. I would have not thought of that...Thanks a bunch..i will let him know.

Assuming he plans to torch his springs he might as well make a cardboard bodykit for it. Along with a shopping cart wing... Hell might as well put a bubble machine and a coffee maker in his ride....

:noob::bull:

Ummmm, no thanks. He is just trying to lower it a tad bit. And sorry i rather not think i know everything and ask people that have done things before. So sorry, if that makes me a noob, then i guess so. I'm happy to be a noob. Thanks to everyone that didn't b**ch about how it's stupid and stuff.

if he really wants to lower it without spending dough, don't torch the springs. Rather, simply cut the springs. Take off a coil or two on all the springs. Just make sure they are perfectly even.

But if he is not mechanically inclined, this is not for him since he will have to actually remove the springs from the car.

You will run the risk of bottoming out, but it will ride 100x better than heating the springs.

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Stinger SR80 Isolator with DieHard 1200CCA battery

Streetwires 0awg

Secondary - 1998 Ford Expedition XLT

• 2 weeks later...

This guy heard nothing any of you said. All he heard is what baggedon4's said. I dont think he is really interested in doing it the right way.

Dont you hate wasting your breath

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

just go to ebay and buy a set of lowering springs for like 125 bux..

they arent that bad. my buddy just got a set for his talon and they work fine.

torching the springs is dangerous. if your cutting them you have to be VERY precise otherwise your car is gonna lean.. or worse hook and pull on accel and decelleration (very dangerous)

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...