What Volume Headunits Clip At

This seems like a biased thread!! I couldve sworn it says "what volume HEADUNITS" clip at! I have not seen Sony, (which I have), Panasonic, clarion and not to mention every other brand! Im sure there are people with these brands that would like to know as well since this thread was suppose to be helping other members! I would like to know what my deck clips too but all I see is Pioneer and Kenwood with a little JVC!!

IMO no one who's serious in car audio runs Sony HUs. They had their heyday back in the 90s, especially with their ES head units, but those days ended as soon as they introduced the Xplod line.

I had a Sony Full Logic cassette deck the last year before Xplod came out 15 years ago, and I ended up giving it to my brother, which he still has and uses. I replaced it with a $300 Xplod CD player, which didn't last 18 months. My second lasted a year before the faceplate started wigging out. I bought an Alpine in 2004 and I am still using it today.

You say it's biased, and you're right. We like to buy HUs that actually work. Just sayin.

Edit: Corrected my first line to say Sony HUs instead of just Sony. Some people have decent luck with their subs and amps.

I see your point! Well I could always sell my Sony! I kinda licked it cuz it has all the features I need. Its the Cdx Gt740ui and it has three 4volt rcas, USB, full dot display nice eq and so forth. I saw a nice Kenwood bt948hd for sale so I might grab it. Is this any good? What about clipping max in this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pioneer DEH-80PRS - 0db tone - 62 out of 62 is full clean volume on all three preouts. Set mine at 60.

Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD - 0db tone - 36 out of 40 is clean, set mine at 35, subwoofer level +6

Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD - 0db tone - 35 out of 40 is clean, sub clips at 36' subwoofer level +6

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Panasonic CQ-C9800U - 40/40

Panasonic DF-802U - 40/40

Panasonic HX-1083U - 40/40

Panasoinc HX-2083U - 40/40

No distortion & No clipping

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know the clipping volume for a Kenwood DNX-7100?

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Just read through every single post. Anybody out there with a Pioneer DEH-3900MP? I just got my DD-1 the other day and tried setting my max volume and gains and after I set everything it sounded wayyyyy quieter than when set by ear. I don't know what the problem is but if I had to guess then I'd blame it on my low 9v battery (or user error). Told me that max volume on my headunit was 61/62 (clipped at 62/62) and then I was only able to turn the gain on my amp every so slightly. Sounded ridiculously quieter so I'm just checking to see if anybody's been able to test this headunit so far

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Archived