What Volume Headunits Clip At

What about the Pioneer DEH4200UB? I use 58/63 volume on that with 0basslvl , loudness off and SLA @ 0 I use an ipod though sooo wheres that put me? I run my mids/highs off an amplifier though so I dont know if that matters. I also have 4vpreout

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

What about the Pioneer DEH4200UB? I use 58/63 volume on that with 0basslvl , loudness off and SLA @ 0 I use an ipod though sooo wheres that put me? I run my mids/highs off an amplifier though so I dont know if that matters. I also have 4vpreout. Treble is @ +3 and mid +1 and low +2 so my EQ is pretty low I can put it @ +6 all across. I dont audibly hear any clipping, so can anyone tell me if 58/63 is too much?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

Can someone scope a jvc kd-r600? If they have access to one.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

I want to point out to everyone here that ipods have been known to clip music at full volume... Best thing you could do is burn the track to a cd or if you have USB on your cd player put it on a flash drive.

My pioneer 510UB clips at 58/62 with a flash drive and around 45-46 off my ipod..

Bumping this because this is important to know.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Alpine CDA-105 soft clips at 24

Alpine ICA-W205 26 or 27 iirc.

Wow I knew it! I listen to my 105 at 23 max volume and after that I can hear it start to distort. :D

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

this should be a sticky. would be cool for an audio shop to maybe roll through a bunch of decks and post the results.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

• 3 months later...

I found a topic on facebook from sound connection inc about decks he tested and here are his results for those who have these decks and were wondering.

ll Kenwood Excelon video head units

Volume 35, all the way up at 1k hertz they have 4.3 volts of pure unclipped output on the front and rear channels.

Volume 35, all the way up at 40 hertz with the sub volume on +2 they have 5.61 volts of pure unclipped output.

These decks are amazing!

Full volume and absolutely no distortion. Please keep in mind these numbers are only RCA outputs and dose not mean your amplifier will be able to handle this much output before it distorts.

Excelon single din head units

3.75 volts at volume 35 1K Front and Rear unclipped

4.01 volts at volume 35 40hz Sub volume +1 unclipped

All filters, eq's, dsp, ect were shut off for testing.

JVC Arsenal single din head units

5.73 volts at volume 48 1k front and rear unclipped

5.40 volts at volume 48 40hz sub volume +8 unclipped

I wouldn't have believed this unless i did the test myself. Also the frequency's are all 0db high bit.

Kenwood regular line single din head units

2.12 volts volume 32 1k front and rear ch unclipped

2.27 volts volume 32 40hz sub vol +1 unclipped

JVC regular line single din head units

2.38 volts volume 47 1k front and rear channels unclipped

2.21 volts volume 47 40hz sub volume +8 unclipped

i need to upgrade my head unit to a excelon lol my model is in sig. distorts at 24 out of 35 probably help with aftermarket speakers but idk because distortion isn't good in the first place

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

I want to point out to everyone here that ipods have been known to clip music at full volume... Best thing you could do is burn the track to a cd or if you have USB on your cd player put it on a flash drive.

My pioneer 510UB clips at 58/62 with a flash drive and around 45-46 off my ipod..

Bumping this because this is important to know.

From what I've heard if your using a 30 pin dock connector on a iPod/iPhone ready headunit it's not amplified and would be the same as a CD/ flash drive but if you use the headphone jack it is amplified and the iPod will clip at full volume

I'm gunna scope my pioneer AVH-P4300DVD here soon

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Archived