Sonic Electronix

Biggest Car Audio Mistakes?

I was connecting copper bars across a battery bank to charge them all at once and somehow got one battery in the line turned the wrong direction. . .It was not pretty.

For those that do not like Optima. . .took ~40 seconds to get the bar off (I jumped back when it first happened), once off, that battery was still at 12.6 volts. Even with the lead around the terminal melted, I ran a die over the terminal threads, charged it, and sold it to a guy for cheap and it still works great :)

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

trying to do a slot port on my box without asking SMD to verify my math.

also would say not understanding how much $ is involved to in "DOING IT RIGHT" ie: correct wire,batts,fuses/holders,ring teminals,alts,etc

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

Got mad and smashed an amp I thought quit working on me, then found out some jackass turned my sub out put on head unit all the way down.

06 Monte Carlo

Motorola T605

Alpine CDA 9886

Polk mids and highs

Yellow top

2 XS Power D975

Knukoncepts 0 gauge

1 DC Audio 3.5K

1 DC LVL 4XL 15" Thorshammer package

haha wow.. i think my biggest mistake i ever made was running a 4000d on stock alt and batt.. amp was turn way down but guess not low enough, after a good 20 mins amp took a shit .. owell we live and learn, bet i wont try that again

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

I have forgotten to put my wire harness on my deck securely! stopped working and was like wtf! I also, have poked holes in speakers with screwdriver. The worst mistake I ever made was leaving my alarm off over nite to be nice to neighbors, during rain storm. Woke up to busted window and everything + in my signature gone but my infinity's.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

I bought an EQ from a guy for $20 (in the back of my mind I knew it must be stolen but I was young and dumb). It needed a new wiring harness so I took it into a local audio shop to see if I could order it. The guy at the shop recognized a scratch on the front of it....it was stolen out of one of his installer's car a couple of weeks before.

He actually was very cool about it. He believed me that I didn't steal it and didn't know who did. He even offered to cut me a deal on anything I wanted to buy to show his appreciation for getting his EQ back in one piece.

Archived