Sonic Electronix

what is everyone's opinon on fat mat? i know second skin is better but i dont have the money for it right now and i have to get something on my roof, i've broke the same brace twice. just wondering how good it is for the price.

6 dc level 3 12's

digital designs Z1A

pioneer h/u

4 sets of rockford 6.5's

crunch 1600.4

Mechman 270a alt

kinetik hc2400 (soon to be xs power d3100)

xs power 3400 (under the hood)

lots of 1/0

If your on a bugdet try peal n seal. Not a lot of people use it but the people who do say they like it and works good....

Look up exocontralto on youtube

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

i plan on usein at least 50^ft on my roof, probably more. im tired of taking the headliner out to fix the damn braces. but thanks i just wanted to hear from someone who has used it to know if it was worth spendin money on

6 dc level 3 12's

digital designs Z1A

pioneer h/u

4 sets of rockford 6.5's

crunch 1600.4

Mechman 270a alt

kinetik hc2400 (soon to be xs power d3100)

xs power 3400 (under the hood)

lots of 1/0

I know there are better ones but for the money I don't think you can beat it. You can get 100^ft for 160 shipped. You can't even get 50^ft of something else for that. It did what I needed it to do and I can only compare to dynamat since its the only other deadener I have experience with and it is definitely in the ballpark of it IMO.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I put it on my trunk lid and inside my front doors about a year ago. It smelled like asphalt when I applied it, and the car smelled a bit for a couple days IIRC, but I don't think it was bad. I haven't taken my door panels off lately, but I will pretty soon. When I do that I'm going to check how well it is attached. As far as I can tell it is fine. I did make sure to clean the panels with alcohol before I applied it, and it was hot that day. I let the fatmat sit on my driveway while I was prepping the car so it was pretty warm when I applied it.

As far as it's deadening abilities, I'm no expert but I guess it does fine. I put it on at the same time I installed my system so I can't comment on any improvements made.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I have a roll of peel and seal and a roll of fat mat sitting in my garage right now. I don't give a shit what anyone says or what fat mat says. The fat mat is literally peel and seal with the fat mat logo on it! You can get a 100 sqr foot roll of peel and seal for 100 bucks. If you are on a budget get that

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

I have a roll of peel and seal and a roll of fat mat sitting in my garage right now. I don't give a shit what anyone says or what fat mat says. The fat mat is literally peel and seal with the fat mat logo on it! You can get a 100 sqr foot roll of peel and seal for 100 bucks. If you are on a budget get that

and where is this peel and seel found?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

PEAL AND SEAL IS THE BUDET SHIT!!!! its found at lowes :) and other hardware stores just go in the roofing section :drinks:

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

i plan on usein at least 50^ft on my roof, probably more. im tired of taking the headliner out to fix the damn braces. but thanks i just wanted to hear from someone who has used it to know if it was worth spendin money on

Fat mat works great!! Don't do peel and seal ..unless..... It's going on your floor mine was on the roof and it peeled off withn 2 months

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.