Sonic Electronix

SOME ADVICE ON MY NEW SETUP 10,000 WATTS

OP, Caps are annoying and so is the sentence structure and grammar.

That out of the way.

I've ran that Maxximus amp for a while and I had a great experience with it. The amp is a great choice.

However, you can choose much better woofers for under that price.

Also, stepping right into a 10Kw setup is not for beginners. You need a strong box, and know how to adjust and tune the setup properly.

With 10Kw, you dont really need 2) 260A alts. A decent single alt and a good battery bank will do ya good.

Look into XS Power D3100 batteries. 4 of them will be good with a 260A alt. And they will hold up stronger and longer than other options.

I dont suggest doing a wall if you dont have much experience. They are very involved to do them properly.

I also suggest doing more research on various systems and techniques as well as looking at other builds other than just Steve's

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

if u have 2 ask ur not ready...easy as that

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

if u have 2 ask ur not ready...easy as that

This

Agreed....no where near ready.

And this.

You really need to know what your doing before you step up that big if this isnt a troll, ad you actually decide to do it. When you do look into dc power alts, dc audio subs, and sundown audio amps. Knu Konceptz wire.

People just mad OP will be louder than them ITT

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

SMD UR SHITS THE THE BEST EVER I CAN'T BELIEVE ALL THESE DUMBASS COMMENTS U GET ON U TUBE!!!

FIRST OFF IVE ALWAYS HAD LOUD ASS SYSTEMS BUT NOTHIN MORE THAN 2 BD1000 ROCKFORDS AND NO ALT UPGRADES.... BUT THE TIME IS NOW AND MY MONEY IS RIGHT SO I WANNA MAKE PEOPLES EARS BLEED LIKE U, THIS IS WHAT I WAS GONNA DO

IM BOUT TO BUY A MAXXIMUS HIFONICS AND PUT 2 SOLO X 18" TO IT, WHAT DO U SUGGEST? IM PAYIN 1200 FOR THE AMP AND 700 A PIECE FOR THE NEW SOLOS. I WAS GONNA DO A DUAL 260 SETUP FROM IRRAGI AND LIKE 6 INTERSTATE AGMS IN MY 02 DENALI....I KNOW THIS SHIT WILL BE LOUD BUT WOULD IT BE LOUDER WITH SOMETHING ELSE THATS NOT MORE $$? WHAT U THINK?

AND FINALLY HOW WOULD U DO THE BOX A WALL OR BOX LIKE UR TAHOE? ...

THYNX BRO UR THE LORD OF BASS!!!!!

PS U EVER COMIN TO MN? WHERE U LOCATED AZ? (MY SIS LIVES THERE ID LIKE TO SEE SOME UR SHIT IN PERSON LIKE THE 30K CADDY!)

If you have the $ I would call up DC power and ask about their 270SP lines and run dual 270SPs. Subs up port back seem to be a loud way to go in a SUV.. my buddy has a tahoe and did subs up port up, and it didnt get loud at all..

Honestly, I wouldnt put 5,000 rms per solo x just because I personally think they would blow on that power..

for 1100 thats a nice price for a 10k watt amp. There are beefier amps out there for sure. But not for that price that ive seen.

Good luck with your build though man.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Turn off caps

He is in cali

Get better batts

Get better amps

Get better subs

You can't climb in the ring with Ali cause you think you can box :noob:

I dont like the kid, but hes got a point. :nea:

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

Not to sound like a dick but

First: CAN U NOT TYPE LIKE THIS BECAUSE IT GETS REALLY ANNOYING AND THE LACK OF GRAMMAR REALLY ANNOYS PEOPLE

Second: Steve probably won't reply to questions, he generally doesn't hang around these kinds of threads. So giving him a big :good: won't make any difference (even though he deserves a huge :good: )

Third: The caddy doesn't get busted out for anyone :P and if it does, generally he's fixing it.

Now that thats over, I would suggest better subs and batteries, and probably amps too. DC, DD, Sundown, Fi, RE etc. for subs, kinetic or XS batteries and amps, well, theres far to many to list.

Jumping from 2k to 10k is a huge leap, I would suggest you get some in between systems first before doing a wall.

Oh, and you can't know it will be loud, you can guess, but weird stuff happens.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.