Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Best way to seal off a car trunk.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Do you have any pics of the frame?

hers one i found quick lol just an idea. works fine for me, a lil tape or deadener will help to seal it completly off too

012-15.jpg

Posted

I usually build a trim panel that bolts to the box, and the sheet metal around the box, that way it looks nice and does the job of sealing off the trunk, also great stuff works well too, if you dont want it so mess up your carpet just get some plastic with a stapler and staple the plastic to the carpet.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted

I usually build a trim panel that bolts to the box, and the sheet metal around the box, that way it looks nice and does the job of sealing off the trunk, also great stuff works well too, if you dont want it so mess up your carpet just get some plastic with a stapler and staple the plastic to the carpet.

Thats a lot more of what I had in mind. I was thinking of using the plastic and filling it with foam. I want a trim panel type thing, but what material would be good to use?

Posted

Last time I did it I just used some 3/4 inch plywood, wrapped in fabric. To get the shape you need just trace it on to some cardboard then transfer that to the wood your using then use a router/jigsaw to cut it out. And then carpet/paint if wanted, but before you carpet it make sure to test fit it to make sure it fits nicely so if it doesnt you can sand it to get it to fit good.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted

I just want to add to something someone said b4. Build a trim panel to whatever thickness you desire. It's going to act like a face plate on a h.u. Its going to seal your cabin off from you trunk but it is still going to allow the subs too build up pressure in the cabin. I would deadend the floore and rear deck and sides of the trunk then i would build your wood face plate as tight as you can make it fit in there..then in front of and behind fill the gaps with foam or great stuff..w.e you want to use..cheapest possible i would think. Anyways fill all your cracks or places where it would leak air through and then sand or cut off the excess from the front portion where your going to see. That way it will look clean. Then I would throw either a harder material over the expanding foam or put another thinner face plate that is either painted nice with texture paint or apohlstered with a nice material that matches your car. Then you would have a real nice sealed trunk!

  • 4 months later...
Posted

How could I keep it from getting everywhere? I'm thinking put down plastic in the area I want to apply it. I don't really want it on my box.

that first part.....thats what she saiddd :yahoo:

Posted

hers one i found quick lol just an idea. works fine for me, a lil tape or deadener will help to seal it completly off too

012-15.jpg

bro that look sick :good: i wanna seal off my mustang have any puis or videos of this build??

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1854 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...