Sonic Electronix

I missed all the excitement, but according to what the original post was about, I wanted to make a tweeter using a subwoofer motor structure to see what happens, was going to use a low winding width coil, to get a high Fs, and like a 3" diaphram to move about half inch ( would never get a Fs of higher than maybe 150hz though)

Now that I think about it ( was about 7 - 8 yrs ago)

A subwoofer motor would never work, because, well its a subwoofer motor, large gap, expecting to use heavy gauge wire, wound multiple times.

a HF motor/coil have almost no coil gap at all, and the wire is so short, and very fine, like hair-that is how a tweeter gets its high freq design- super low inductance, while a woofer has high inductance ( internally crossover the driver to only play low, or high frequencies)

Found out just last week, bull horns have no gap between coil and motor pole piece, once the coil heats up, the coil ID expands to go away from the pole piece within half a second

But yeah, looks like I missed all the good stuff, and answered were answered already hehe

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I think this thread could get quite fun if we included realistic thermodynamics. I threw all of that aside...but here we go.

The motion of the driver would create an incredible amount of friction both internally and superficially. While the suspension would take a severe beating, the cone would withstand the most stress.

20mm of excursion at 21kHz would equate to the cone travelling 1.04 miles per second. (80mm cycle x 21000 cycles per second)

A 1 kg object travelling this speed would yield a kinetik energy of 1,411,200 Joules. If all of this energy was used to produce the heat (throwing the actual cone friction variables aside), the temperature of it would increase 1,568 degrees Celcius. This is also assuming we are using a solid aluminum cone weighing 1kg since paper would obviously fail immediately. Aluminum has a specific heat of 900J/(kg degC). Since aluminum melts at 660C and boils at 1800C and we threw aerodynamics of a cone out the window, this is clearly a serious problem. :)

But what if you was to play it @ 21,000hz in a vat of liquid nitrogen .. kinda like over clockin

my head was hurting at neo's post

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

But what if you was to play it @ 21,000hz in a vat of liquid nitrogen .. kinda like over clockin

Well putting the immediate destruction of the moving parts aside, and needing an incredible amount more power...liquid nitrogen's viscous resistance @ 77K is ~1000 times more than air at room temperature which is what the original scenario was based on. Technically the ambient temperature of the environment has very little to do with the kinetik energy. The rapid displacement of the fluid could potentially solidify it temporarily (since the window is so small for liquid nitrogen) but ultimately it would just flash boil in a few milliseconds. The molecular make up of the driver @ 77K would be very different with different specific heats as a result so who knows.

I'm glad to say, I don't know exactly. :lol:

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Although this is kind of a funny thread, I'm sadly trying to answer to the best of my knowledge. Working midnights suck.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

LOL,

As soon as I leave, so do all the trolls :P

I read every post, and I am thinking the same things,

It would create an impossible amount of pressure on the cone and air and everything else, it wouldn't make any noise (besides stuff around it being destroyed) and it would heat up to ungodly temperatures because of how fast it is moving...

You would need a titanium box for it too haha!

any vids of the bread van? that'd be awesome! and great explanation :good:

I don't think there's vids but google mtx thunder 1,000,000 for pics and info

edit: reading<me Ed already answered the question

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

LOL,

As soon as I leave, so do all the trolls :P

I read every post, and I am thinking the same things,

It would create an impossible amount of pressure on the cone and air and everything else, it wouldn't make any noise (besides stuff around it being destroyed) and it would heat up to ungodly temperatures because of how fast it is moving...

You would need a titanium box for it too haha!

Nothing around it would be destroyed. All the pressure and stress would be placed on the driver itself, and thats the only thing that would be damaged.

And yes, it would make sound. All things moving through air make sound.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

hey guys, how about we use 20 drivers moving 1mm or 40 drivers moving .5mm? :P

Hint: Hellloooo bass-tunnel!

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived