Second Skin Audio

soundstream xxx 18

ya I dont think you need anymore power haha

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

they are a helluva woofer. i bought one about a month ago but i had to file a claim cuz ups dropped it and broke the basket. i lifted it out of the box myself and then a few minutes later i threw my back out. that 91 pounds is killer. wish i had it cuz i got my amp and i would love to hear it in the backseat of my caddy lol.

currently just running a JL 12W7 and RF BD 1001

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

Big azz box in tha backseat

working out other details

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

Hell I was talking with Virgil williams, and he loves this thing.

He holds the world record for burp in ported box. 171.1 and It was with 1 xxx-18 and 1 XXX-15,000D. and he said he hasn't had a coil burn yet, and he's getting over 20k out of the 15k too

I have 4 xxx-18s myself but dont have them in yet. I have a 15k but I'm saving up for a 2nd one.

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

Hell I was talking with Virgil williams, and he loves this thing.

He holds the world record for burp in ported box. 171.1 and It was with 1 xxx-18 and 1 XXX-15,000D. and he said he hasn't had a coil burn yet, and he's getting over 20k out of the 15k too

I have 4 xxx-18s myself but dont have them in yet. I have a 15k but I'm saving up for a 2nd one.

cant wait for your build! its gonna be insane :clapping::woot:

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

cant wait for your build! its gonna be insane :clapping::woot:

its all in good time, I got over 50 mids and highs going in so thats what I'm working on right now... crap load of fiberglassin

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

the number of voice coils doesn't have anything to do with how much power it can handle

..just ease of wiring to different ohm loads

im thinkin this is wrong

say you have a 250 rms coil. add another one and put it on a cone. now it has more of a thermal handling than the single coil.

so 4 coils would... add more thermal power handling. a single coil would have to be pretty built up to take what 4 smaller coils could.

yes it is easier to get different ohm loads but that isnt the only thing it helps.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

we all have our own opinions and experiences. im not going to state any reasons to start a commute.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

im thinkin this is wrong

say you have a 250 rms coil. add another one and put it on a cone. now it has more of a thermal handling than the single coil.

so 4 coils would... add more thermal power handling. a single coil would have to be pretty built up to take what 4 smaller coils could.

yes it is easier to get different ohm loads but that isnt the only thing it helps.

Nah dude... to make a quad 1 ohm coil you basically (Seriously simplifying it here) take a 4 ohm coil, cut it into 4 pieces and present each piece with a pair of terminals... slightly more accurately you wind all 4 coils at once but you can only fit 1/4th as many windings on the same former... it just offers versatility for winding.

They have such huge power handling because they have a honking great 4" coil with thick windings, and some seriously stiff suspension to control all that wattage.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived