Sundown Audio

After nearly four years as our best selling product (our first Class-D on the market for that matter) the SAZ-1500D is being re-designed. Everyone knows and loves the current model as it is a powerful, reliable, work horse of an amp but we have been quietly thinking about what to do in order to make a fitting replacement for a while now... I think that everyone will be happy with where it is going :)

Details will be sparse right now but it is going to shrink about 1.6" following our trend of making amps that are more powerful per square inch (SAZ-2500D and SAX-1200D especially). We are also looking into removing the internal fusing as well -- that was very commonly requested. Details on pricing, power output, etc will be coming out later.

I'll start putting out some of the other details when the prototype gets closer -- just wanted to make it known that if you want a NEW current model SAZ-1500D the production run on route to me now is probably the last one (assuming all testing of the new prototype goes as expected). I have a fair amount coming in, though, so anyone that wants one should have the opportunity to get one !

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

They are improving in all regards... nothing is being sacrificed to reduce the amps size. The new output section MOSFET bank is about 50% stronger than the old while using half as many parts (this is where the size reduction came in) and the new power supply FETs handle about 50% more current than the old ones (same # of parts, just better ones... like the 2500D is using).

Another level of over-built on the semiconductors :)

No reduction in sizing of the power supply transformers or output inductors either.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

hahaaa Sundown FTMFW again. im never giving up my 1500D :drinks:

I am looking forward to this one

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

Why no internal fusing? I feel like such a noob when I ask these questions. It's the only way to learn though.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Why no internal fusing? I feel like such a noob when I ask these questions. It's the only way to learn though.

A few reasons :

1) SPL competitors would pop them at 0.25 ohm burps

2) Everyday customers don't check the fuses periodically to make sure they are tight -- if they get loose they can melt or even catch on fire.

3) Small efficiency gain... if you have a 1500D and run it at 0.5 daily go feel the fuses after you play it hard for a while... they will be warm. Heat = power loss

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

A few reasons :

1) SPL competitors would pop them at 0.25 ohm burps

2) Everyday customers don't check the fuses periodically to make sure they are tight -- if they get loose they can melt or even catch on fire.

3) Small efficiency gain... if you have a 1500D and run it at 0.5 daily go feel the fuses after you play it hard for a while... they will be warm. Heat = power loss

I must be a noob because I would have never thought of that.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

so far ive only popped my fuses on my 1500s once, it was about about 10 or 20 .25ohm burps.

But it sucked so bad trying to find some, they popped at about 8:50pm, stopped at walmart, and the biggest they had was 30. and all the autoparts stores were closed.

I do like the internal fusing just because its one less thing to wire up though, but ill go external for improvement,hahah