Sonic Electronix

hey guys, I've got a 98 camaro hatch running 2 12 in ssa d cons to a boss 3500 d amp. My friends got a single cab ranger running 2 12 in kicker comps off some cadence 1000 rms amp. I don't understand how his is so much louder and cleaner. it makes me disappointed that I spent almost $300 to upgrade subs and being outplayed by the ones he picked up for $100.

Does this sound right or did I do something wrong? Their both in sealed prefab boxes. Mine sounds decent and I know I don't have a nice amp but its more than enough to push the 300 rms each d cons. My amps is rated at 1300rms at 1 ohm which I know is an overstatement but with the gain a little less than half it pushed the subs to bottoming so I backed it off a little more.

boss amp

/thread

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i agree, even if your boss amp is pushing 10k watts its the ugliest power you can imagine. Id change amps and be done. If that doesnt help, build a box also..... :good:

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

build a 5 cube box tuned to about 32-36 hertz and get a class d/mono amp, have the subs wired to 1 ohm

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

I could see the amp causing crappy sound quality but it cant be that big of a difference in loudness can it? and I was thinking of doing a 2.5 cube box aero ported in the center to around 33 hz. Would that be better for these subs? I know their built for small ported enclosures

i'd buy a better amp AND build a better box

^^^ THIS

Don't half-ass it and get one or the other. Drop $50 or $60 and build a proper custom box, then get yourself a better amp.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

lemme break it down. its rated at 2000 watts at one ohm. now since its a piece of shit divide that in half. you got 1000 watts. Should be comparable to a 1000 watt cadence right. Now thats a best case scenario with those pos. figure about half of that to two thirds. you are realistically looking at 750 dirty dirty nasty watts. So yes it can be that much of a difference.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.