Sonic Electronix

I will be using a saz3500 per pair. Going with the 15's. I have my own opinions based on the specs, but i want some more opinions from the vast pool of knowledge on the forums. The Havocs are certainly cheaper, but I dont mind too much. I bet the Z's are better for spl, but the havocs play deep effortlessly. The more powerfull motor allows the Z to work in a smaller box. The havocs cone is dead sexy, but the Z motor dominates the stock looking motor on the Havoc.

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

well considering the havoc isnt build for the same purpose as the z2 of course it wont be as SPL oriented. also its a 1250rms sub running 1750 on each one isnt exactly recommended

Both subs are referred to as SQL subs.... This coming from the manufacturers. I have heard the Havocs numerous times and I like them, but I have had little experience with any sundown subs. I know how to use power. I can't tell you the last time I burnt a sub.

-All Black 6's

-HID'ed and LED'ed

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

Also -- the Z v.2 was updated a bit with a copper 4-layer bifilar coil for a bit lower FS and about 12% more BL^2/RE

In my testing there was no loss in SPL at typical end-user levels from the additional mass but I gained 0.3 dB above 6000 watts on burps.

More durable coil as well... lower expansion ratio of copper in the tight gap helps as well.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Havoc vs Zv2 is no comparison. With 3500w a pair of Zv2's will likely be louder in the correct enclosure.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Also... based on the specs available on the AA site (assuming that the BL is with coils in series) the Z v.2 with copper coil has about 75% more motor force factor (BL^2/RE) -- so they are quite different woofers in design principle.

Z v.2 motor force factor is not as high as the Mayhem from AA, nor is the suspension as stiff -- so it's a bit in between the Havoc and the Mayhem overall spec-wise.

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

well your first post makes me doubt that, since a more powerful motor doesnt just equal a smaller box.

What exactly are you saying?

I dont have a problem buying both and doing my own comparo if that is what it takes, but I prefer not to. The are no specs, pictures, or spl results that would indicate which sub i would like better. I was looking more for real world testimony. I was bored and havent seen much talk of either these... if nothing else, I thought I could at least get a bunch of fans talking up what they have and use.

Yes, I am certain that the "larger motor" on the Z will allow it to be optimized in a smaller box than the havoc. I am wrong? Is that what you are saying?

-All Black 6's

-HID'ed and LED'ed

Okay I don't have all the technical knowledge like Jacob does (he's the Mad Scientist of SPL, what can I say) what I do know is that my next pair of subs will be the Zv.2 subs. I have the SA-12's know and I was not disappointed at all. I have been to a few shows and I have taken nothing less than 3rd place. So I'm expecting big things from the Z v.2 12's and since you're doing 15's those will be monsters.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass