i read that stetsom and various others can get away with using one set of power and ground terminals on their like 6000-7000rms amps because the runs will be so short the wire wont have any resistance to it or something sciency like that. people who use them have battery banks in the back right next to the amps as to make the run from the batteries to the amps as short as possible.

yes my batterie bank is right next to my amp

Double check your resistances with a DMM.

You could have something wired incorrectly or maybe a shorted or dropped coil? I would just verify that the impedance on the amp really is 1 ohm or higher-

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

i dont really have anything to add on top of what is already said add more wire and check your wiring over again/DMM

i just have this to add show some pics of your setup i'd like to see a build log

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Double check your resistances with a DMM.

You could have something wired incorrectly or maybe a shorted or dropped coil? I would just verify that the impedance on the amp really is 1 ohm or higher-

explain me how to test that i have a dmm but i dont kno how to check that but still even i disconect the speaker wire the protect light stay on

If you disconnect the power and it stays on check the remote wire. You may not have enough voltage going to the amp.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

• 7 months later...

to set your gains,

set your DMM to measure AC voltage (between 1.0-40.0v).

Set everything on your amp to 0 or as far down as they go.

disconnect your sub from the amp, play a 50 hz test tone recorded at 0 db.

test the voltage of the amp while this tone is playing (put the DMM probes in the speaker terminals)

You need the voltage to be = to or close to:

the ## of watts you want to put out DIVIDED by your sub's ohm load

Take that number and square root it.

This is the number you want your amp's output voltage to be at.

Once you have your gain set, play a test tone (recorded at 0db) of where you want your subsonic filter to be at. While playing, raise your subsonic filter until your amp's output voltage is affected (starts to lower).

To set your highpass, play the tone you want your highpass to be set at, and lower your highpass until the voltage is affected (lowers).

Bang em if you got em

to set your gains,

set your DMM to measure AC voltage (between 1.0-40.0v).

Set everything on your amp to 0 or as far down as they go.

disconnect your sub from the amp, play a 50 hz test tone recorded at 0 db.

test the voltage of the amp while this tone is playing (put the DMM probes in the speaker terminals)

You need the voltage to be = to or close to:

the ## of watts you want to put out DIVIDED by your sub's ohm load

Take that number and square root it.

This is the number you want your amp's output voltage to be at.

Once you have your gain set, play a test tone (recorded at 0db) of where you want your subsonic filter to be at. While playing, raise your subsonic filter until your amp's output voltage is affected (starts to lower).

To set your highpass, play the tone you want your highpass to be set at, and lower your highpass until the voltage is affected (lowers).

Old thread is old.

I don't get how these get bumped back up.

I dont get why he explained how to set the power by DMM, when the power isnt the problem....

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived