Sundown Audio

What amp or amps should I get

Jared420

Ok, long story short, anyone who knows what happened with my amp skip ahead but I had an amp was running at .5 ohm fried it, I can wire my subs to .5 or 2 ohms. Got the amp "fixed" and it goes into protect whenever I turn it up. I tested everything accept my alternator which I will test tomorrow but if that checks out ok I am just saying screw this amp and Getting something that works. I am looking for 4000+ rms preferably at 2 ohms since its a daily setup. Only idea I have right now is to get 2 aq 2200s and strap them for 4400 watts at 2 ohm. Feel like that may be the best bang for the buck but anyone else have any suggestions or think this is the right way to go?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

I have had my AQ 2200 playing for about a week now. I love it. Never gets hot unless I leave my all black SUV baking in the sun. But have not seen it get hot after playing music for a good while. Voltage rests at about 14.1 at idle and usually around 14.3.

I would also look into used SAZ-2000d's or MAYBE a SAZ-4500d.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

cresendo 3kw for 550 plus shipping, they're rated for over 4k @ .5 ohm ha, thats one amp only required.. is this a better budget??

Thats just about what I fell for when I bought my clif design 4800, rated stable to .5 ohms. No offense just not interested, That amp will most likely not do over 4000 even if run at .5 ohm and I will never again wire an amp to .5 in a daily setup.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Ok today I did not have time to do the alternator swap to check that but, I will try to tomorrow or sometime this week. I know its still slightly possible it could be an alternator issue but I highly doubt it, My mechanic friend was around the other day and since he was home he didnt have proper tools or testers but he took a quick ride with me and he checked out the alt a little bit and he said he really doubts it is an alternator malfuntion. He said if something was wrong with it my voltage wouldn't be as good as it was, or it would be all over the place or just some sign of a problem. I know this isn't 100% but I think I am just gonna order my aq 2200s, unless someone can make a very valid argument otherwise.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

My reasoning behind it is, I order these amps and I can run at 2 ohms. I am 90% sure the problem is my amp not being fixed properly. If I get these amps and I still have the same problem at least I know that my clif amp is good and the audioque's will be good. I can then find the problem and take my choice of what amp to use. I can sell the clif amp very cheap just to get back a few bucks that have been wasted on this ordeal or keep that amp and sell the 2 2200s which will be basically brand new and only used for like 10 minutes when I test them out to see if new amps fixes my problem. Anyone think Im an idiot making a terrible decision or seem like a good investment. Im going to stay optimistic and hope when the aqs arrive I hook them up and have my bump back.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

the crescendo board is the same as the saz3k with a few different/upgraded parts... as far as ive seen everyone talking about it...

so i dont see why it wouldnt do over 4k....

just passing the info along, but if you want a power house depending on the $ you want to spend can but if your buying from a website and getting sundown, go for stetsom or soundigital, they are better...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

the crescendo board is the same as the saz3k with a few different/upgraded parts... as far as ive seen everyone talking about it...

so i dont see why it wouldnt do over 4k....

just passing the info along, but if you want a power house depending on the $ you want to spend can but if your buying from a website and getting sundown, go for stetsom or soundigital, they are better...

Well like I said also, I do not want to run an amp at .5 ohms daily, I realized it was a bad idea, I learned the hard way. NDMStang linked me to a very good article that I read over and it just helped me understand a little bit better about amps and unless I am competing and doing test tones and burps .5 ohms doesnt seem to be a good choice. Maybe for someone who really really knows their shit and knows they can run it without issues that way and has overkill for their electrical. I dont want to fry another amp. I dont mind dropping the money on 2 2200s I had 2 1200s strapped before loved the aq amps they just werent enough power, Im wishing I went this route instead of buying the clif amp to be honest.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

sucks to hear that the clif didnt work out man. but IMO, I think the 2 AQs would be a safer option to run daily at 2 ohms then runnin 1 amp at .5. thats a nice load to be putting on an amp daily.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

i wouldnt waste my time on the cresendo as an option in your case. run the 2 AQ 2200s at 2ohms strapped faar better situation and none of the hypothetical situations of you maybe getting 4k out of it