Medical marijuana to be OK in some VA clinics

I dont know why you just threw your brother out there like that........ That is for him and him only to share not you! And I cope with it by getting professional help and anti depressants, because I know I need that, because I suffer from chronic depression.

But this isnt the thread for this.

I dont personally see anything wrong with the prescribing of Medical Marijuana as long as its used in the same manner that a prescribed pain pill or any other for of medication is supposed to be used. I just know that with the legalization of it here in VA there will be some problems to arise from it but that has been the case with several prescribed drugs over the years such as OC,Morpheine, Dilaudids etc i could go on and on for it.

I feel that for those who it is deemed a benefit and necessity to be prescribed to should have access to it.

I just know that in some cases we will see it being sold on the streets but what can you do.

Also i speak from experience bout the drugs on the street because im a cop so i see all kinds of crazy shit out on the streets and im not too far away from becoming part of our Military.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Oh and as far as your first post goes........ when you come of age are you joining our Armed Forces to defend our country against all foreign and domestic terrorist??? Cause if you are I want to know what your game plan is for coping with the shit you will be dealing with.......... like hmmmm heres one having to kill a child 9-10 yrs old cause they firing missile launchers at your platoon and its you or him??

Thats the kinda shit our boys deal with on a daily basis

I just have to back up this post. You can not physically,mentally or emotionally prepare yourself for this type of stuff because there are no written guidelines when you go to war that states this and this is going to happen on such and such a date things in that perspective happen at the spur of the moment.

Not trying to threadjack but if you want a true example of something unpredictable check out the thread that i posted it will give you an insight to how quickly things can escalate in the line of duty.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83943-some-decisions-are-never-easy/

Edited by SmokedOut08Impala

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I just have to back up this post. You can not physically,mentally or emotionally prepare yourself for this type of stuff because there are no written guidelines when you go to war that states this and this is going to happen on such and such a date things in that perspective happen at the spur of the moment.

Not trying to threadjack but if you want a true example of something unpredictable check out the thread that i posted it will give you an insight to how quickly things can escalate in the line of duty

Link to thread?

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Bout time the VA stepped up :)...bravo.

I'm all for the use of it medically...and I've got zero interest in smoking pot(does nothing for me, if you need to get high then that is YOUR deal, not mine). I'd much rather have somebody stoned out of their goard on THC or taking THC pills then being cracked out on pain killers, completely delusional..not knowing where they are or how they got there.

I've already been through that with one family member, and a friend right down the street from where I live is going through that with her father right now. He's so doped up on Oxycontin and morphine that he's seeing rabbits run across the edge of his bed...I've known many a people to get so high that they puke, and they've never hallucinated...something about it being a natural substance instead of something that is derived from something else.

Call me a hippy..or what have you. I'd much rather have my family member smoking pot or taking THC pills then attempting to kill a rabbit that's not even there.

Edited by NDMstang65

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

It's so funny people want to use defending this country as a reason. My father served, out of 10 of my friends who served in Iraq 7 returned. My late fiances two brothers served and are currently serving and none have used marijuana.

Yes, there can be legitimate reasons why medical use could be beneficial, but that is not always the case. When i say copout, I mean the people copping out. Everyone deals with stuff in a different way, but to just use pain and mental trauma as an excuse is still an excuse.

Mental trauma...sober: life is hard and hard to deal with. High: forget about trouble so seems better. Sober again: problems STILL there therefore NOTHING has changed.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Give me a Fucking break bro.

1. You're talking about someone else, nothing you've never done or experienced first hand.

2. I've been shot once with 2 bullets entering my body, was stabbed twice one time being with a crackhead wielding a screwdriver, pulled my cousins broken and lifeless body from my car in a drunk driving accident, and buried my murdered fiance.

Don't give me that bullshit example when I can say, there are better ways of dealing with pain. Using pain as an excuse is an excuse. If you haven't experienced true pain don't you can't imagine what its like or what you would do. I'm telling you its a copout

Where did I say anything about pain?

I'm saying they are fucked up in the head. Having people tell you "blood makes the grass grow over here", being sent out to bust down family's doors and light anyone that moves the fuck up including children, being without showers for three or more weeks at a time, seeing kids blown to pieces of IED's, seeing your best friends die right in front of you, being pinned down and completely surrounded thinking you are gonna die or be tortured, and best of all coming back to state side and seeing no fucking gratitude for what you did and no positive effects of what you did... not even lower gas prices.

So yah if they wanna smoke weed to cope with the images they have stored in their head and the friends they lost over seas, fuck yah smoke all you want. I'd rather have them smoking weed then turned into a fucking zombie off some shit from a pharmaceutical company.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Not trying to threadjack but if you want a true example of something unpredictable check out the thread that i posted it will give you an insight to how quickly things can escalate in the line of duty.

http://www.stevemead...are-never-easy/

Thank you for the back up, and yes your thread is a perfect example of how a persons life can be changed blink of an eye.

But as far as your other post goes, weed has been sold on the street for years thats not gonna change until its completely legalized, that would reduce jail house over crowding IMO

It's so funny people want to use defending this country as a reason. My father served, out of 10 of my friends who served in Iraq 7 returned. My late fiances two brothers served and are currently serving and none have used marijuana.

Yes, there can be legitimate reasons why medical use could be beneficial, but that is not always the case. When i say copout, I mean the people copping out. Everyone deals with stuff in a different way, but to just use pain and mental trauma as an excuse is still an excuse.

Mental trauma...sober: life is hard and hard to deal with. High: forget about trouble so seems better. Sober again: problems STILL there therefore NOTHING has changed.

But yet you smoke it, maybe every so often but you still illegally purchase it so whats your reasoning behind it??

So its ok for you to use just to get high, but its not ok in your eyes for our service men and women who come back missing an arm or two, a leg or two, or come back blind, or paralyzed? And also suffer from severe PTSD who's wives can't even go to touch them to wake them up without being put in a choke hold. Or can't even enjoy the 4th of July without having flashbacks of mortar attacks?? Thats including those who served in Vietnam.

There's a reason behind in which our Military Medical and Psychiatrist personnel feel that THC would be a treatment for some of our Veterans.

i'm sorry if i offended you by using my brother as an example that was justifiable. considering the fact that myself and my little brother were there sitting there while it happened me being 3 my little brother being 1 i think i can use it as an example. you don't know him you don't know me for that matter. you just hate the fact that my answer was justifiable and all you could do is say i don't have the right to say that because it didn't happen to me.

and you said yourself you got professional help. so you didn't just cope on your own. all i'm saying is that if they want to smoke pot then smoke but don't blame it on needing it. i feel they should get professional help WAY before they start taking "medical drugs".

i'm sorry i disagree with you but your opinion is not the only one that matters. i'm not saying i don't understand your point of view i just disagree. i am finished responding to this thread because i'm not here to argue just threw out my point of view.

Edited by Reaper
reaper.png