charging question

for some reason some days my voltage hangs out in the 14.2 range and others it likes 13.3 no matter how much i rev the motor it might go to 13.5. yes it has a new belt and the alt is an iraggi. this voltage is without the system on. is this normal. how do i get it to hang out at 14.7 without a mla. i tried to talk to those guys and everytime i call to ask a question they r dickheads. its a 2002 focus 2.0 DOHC z tech

Edited by t-money

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

My voltage never goes down that low, but I do notice that when my alt is hot the voltage is lower. Have you noticed that when you have the lower voltage if your temps are higher? Have you been driving longer? Is it hotter outside?

One other problem I had with my MLA was a loose ground. My voltage was all over the place, I thought my Alt was going out on me. I narrowed the problem by simplifying the situation by removing the MLA. When I did that the voltage was rock solid. When I removed it, I noticed that the spot where I had the MLA grounded was not as clean as it was when I had just installed it. Now I have it grounded to the negative bus bar on my front battery, voltage is rock solid with the MLA installed.

Just some ideas to think about.

Edited by bobonit

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

the MLA just spikes your voltage up, My MLA is okay it works im sitting high 14's 15.1 cold start on stock alt, when i had my DC alternator in i was seeing 15.0 all day never dropping below 14 full tilt. BUT if you want to see the voltage that you are asking for get a VCM, it is worth the money and seeing how an MLA with a after market alternator does not do any difference.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

That Focus uses a "white/blue" PCM controlled regulator. The voltage fluctuation you are experiencing is normal, due to the computer changing the regulator setpoint for maximum fuel economy. There is no way to bypass it without throwing a check engine light.

Matt

Edited by MECHMAN

big three is done in KNU 1/0. ill throw the shit out of a check engine light i dont care. as long as its safe ill mod it. xs doent make a vcm for the focus

Edited by t-money

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

how would u do the that mod...im in the same boat as t-money

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.