XS Power

Running two Atomic 5000.1's, just wondering how many D3100's will be needed to run it all day at shows etc ?

Alt wise I'm running a 270a unit from you guys.

If you're running 10kw, you are going to quickly exceed your alt's capabilities. If you plan to play all day at events, I would either plan on picking up a high amperage power supply, or plan on only playing for short periods of time in order to allow time for the alt to catch up and cool down. Otherwise, forcing the alt to produce 270A all day long will burn it up pretty quickly.

We typically recommend 2 x D3100's per Atomic 5000.1 for best performance, however, if you want to build up lots of capacity for extended play over long periods of time, it would be best to cram in as many as you can within your space/budget.

Hope this helps!

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

At the moment I am running Dynasty High rate AGM batteries with that alt. I can play for around 3-4 minutes before voltage drops below 12v at which point I turn it down. It takes a few seconds for the voltage to return back to a healthy state.

Going with the D3100's would there be a huge noticable difference over the Dynastys ?

Well I don't know the stats on those batteries but you should get a 2nd alt and maybe 5 D3100's. Honestly I would just fit as many as I could or spend as much money as I could on batteries lol

Well I don't know the stats on those batteries but you should get a 2nd alt and maybe 5 D3100's. Honestly I would just fit as many as I could or spend as much money as I could on batteries lol

x2

I have a 260 amp alt and a d925 and d3100 on my aq 3500.1 at 2ohms once i drop it to 1ohm i want 2 d3100's and a 2400 under the hood so i'd say dual alts and 5 d3100's for sure

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

I run 6 XS batteries on 8k with a high amp alt and I can still tax the electrical system at shows. When it comes to charging and batteries, you can never have enough with a large system.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

The D3100's are around 110aH so just take your load (490a per amp or 980a total) and multiply that by play time. If you want 30 minutes total (I believe the aH runs the battery down to 30%) then you need 450-500aH of battery (4-5 D3100's). That's my understanding anyways...

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts